What to do when it is your birthday!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    First, do your normal exercise routine to make yourself feel better. Then, eat the cake. Better yet, ask for one cupcake with a candle in it. Choose your favorite flavor and enjoy! Everything in moderation...
    Totally agree! I did that on my hubby's birthday...made his favorite cake-german chocolate with peanut butter frosting, in cupcake form. Kept enough for us to enjoy and gave away the rest. We were both glad for it! Still got cake but not the over indulgence!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    you either say "who cares" for that day and enjoy the cake or you stay away from it all together. I let me birthday pass 2 years in a row without any special treats and it wasn't so bad. Tell your friends to stop offering cake and buy you chicken instead! :-)
  • goodbyeexcess
    Options
    This is going to sound crazy, but its true. One day I was freaking out because I was attending a friends bday party where there would be pizza and cupcakes. I had been eating nearly the same things and having the same amount of calories each day. At the party, I had one slice of pizza, 1 cupcake, and LOTS of water. I ended up losing 1.2 pounds, because I switched up my routine!!! Give yourself a little space, don't go overboard before (light breakfast, light lunch) and have your normal exercise routine. You'll do great!!!
  • cjlapier
    cjlapier Posts: 29
    Options
    It's your birthday. Splurg a little. Just exercise a little extra if your feeling guilty about it.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    my birthday was this past Tuesday. i worked out, had a small slice of cake, and had my friends eat the rest!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well I survived the celebration. Had a chicken wrap with dinner, several tasty booz-a-hol drinks and got to sleep in past noon <3

I plan on spending the whole day doing a whole lot of nothing because tomorrow is bootcamp day.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE! I'm turning one year older, and all my friends can say is, I'll make you a cake!! I'll bring cake, let's have cake at lunchtime, what is your favourite cake?!

And I'm FREAKING!! Because I can't eat cake if I'm going to stick to my calorie budget...

I'm a if you pop you can't stop type eater, so 'having a little bit' just isn't going to work...

WHAT TO DO???!

Here is what I did. I made my OWN cake.

I buy a boxed lemon cake mix (low fat if I can find it, but I've recenty had trouble with that) and rather than following the directions, add ONLY one cup of diet 7-Up and fresh lemon zest. Bake as directed and when it's cool, top with 1 container of fat free cool whip. Cut the cake into 12 pieces - it is super moist and very tasty and only 192 calories and 2 grams of fat per piece.

Or, instead of the cool whip, which some people don't like, you can take about 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 TBSP of skim milk and the juice from the lemon you zested, mix it together, and when the cake is cool, poke a bunch of holes in the top with a wooden kebab skewer and drizzle that over the top .... and that only bumps the calories from 192 to 200 with still just 2 grams of fat.

I take this to functions and don't tell anyone it healthier than normal ... and I have never take any home :)

You are a goddess. Thank you for that quick recipe!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE! I'm turning one year older, and all my friends can say is, I'll make you a cake!! I'll bring cake, let's have cake at lunchtime, what is your favourite cake?!

And I'm FREAKING!! Because I can't eat cake if I'm going to stick to my calorie budget...

I'm a if you pop you can't stop type eater, so 'having a little bit' just isn't going to work...

WHAT TO DO???!
    Celebrate. If you can't enjoy life with your friends because of food............then why have friends? Compensate the calories with a little extra exercise and cut back on something (snack) in the day. Have a big slice of cake and smile.