NSV - I hate to sound conceded...

Options
...but I was looking in the mirror tonight after a shower and said "what the hell?" and flexed where I imagine a bicep should be. I have done this a few times, always hoping to see some semblance of a muscle and always feeling like I'm not doing enough.

Tonight, however, I saw one. I have an honest-to-God bicep. It's not huge or well defined but, dammit, it's mine.

*Turns out I have another one on the other arm... who knew?

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! You look great!
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    thank you
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I felt my ribs for the first time in decades. I can almost count them. Way cool.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    That's awesome. I felt my ribs for the first time in decades. I can almost count them. Way cool.

gratz man. I'm looking forward to that one.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Keep on flexing!!! :)
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    congrats

i had that happen a few week ago i was WTF is that LOL

I can also feel my hip bones which I haven't been able to do for 2 years
  • Chryzznit79
    Chryzznit79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can hardly wait......I'm really excited for the day I have a jaw bone.....=D
    P.S. Love the ticker.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    ...but I was looking in the mirror tonight after a shower and said "what the hell?" and flexed where I imagine a bicep should be. I have done this a few times, always hoping to see some semblance of a muscle and always feeling like I'm not doing enough.

Tonight, however, I saw one. I have an honest-to-God bicep. It's not huge or well defined but, dammit, it's mine.

*Turns out I have another one on the other arm... who knew?
    haaa..that made my night:happy: no reason to sound conceded, we all do it..it is perfectly alright to brag about our accomplishments :wink: congrats to you and your awesome biceps :drinker:
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    First of all, congratulations.

Secondly, I normally don't comment on things like this, but you should concede that you meant conceited.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options

Secondly, I normally don't comment on things like this, but you should concede that you meant conceited.

I concede.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bahaha LOVE the humor! Congrats man!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love this one! That is really fantastic!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Love your post! Made me giggle a little I find myself looking for the same thing
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options

I concede.

LOL. Thanks! I got a kick out of this conversation.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, no worries man we all do it. My first NSV was when I realized I was losing my moobs and finding my chin. :bigsmile:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean. it's weird, ay, getting random body parts popping out that were never there before.

i have recently discovered that i have actual hip bones- real ones. and i have spent years assuming that i have no real skeleton.

but that's awesome! well done on real life muscles :-)
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Super congrats!! I found my hip bones a few weeks ago too.. The one that is the implant.. Im like .. what the heck is that?? Is that right? should it be like that? Great feeling I know!!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    congratulations! isn't that a great feeling? :)
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Haha! Great post and CONGRATULATIONS! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!