Best way to lose fat?

Options
I’m devon, a guy, she 31 and forty three lbs overweight. I need to know the best way to lose fat and keep it off.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit.

If you mean lose fat preferentially to losing lean mass, maintain a small deficit, follow a progressive resistance program, and consume ample protein.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is the only way to do it. And you don't need to do any special diets, you don't have to cook if you don't want to cook. You could do it all on Lean Cuisines if you wanted to. That said you should choose foods that give you a lot of bang for your buck... Foods that will help you meet protein fat and fiber goals. These are all essential to a healthy body.

Calorie deficit. That's the only way to lose fat
  • dking8615
    dking8615 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Very helpful!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and drinking water and exercise if you can
    Weight will come off
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    salwahash wrote: »
    Look into keto diet.

Absolutely unnecessary. Calorie deficit is all you need.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well I am going to ask one thing I have yet to see. You say she is 43lbs over weight are you asking for her? Is she the one who wants to lose the weight?

Why is she not the one asking?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Well I am going to ask one thing I have yet to see. You say she is 43lbs over weight are you asking for her? Is she the one who wants to lose the weight?

I think it's just a typo and he meant to put 'age' since the letters are next to each other on a keyboard.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    pogiguy05 wrote: »

I think it's just a typo and he meant to put 'age' since the letters are next to each other on a keyboard.

Yes that could have been an autocorrect thing
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I been eating whatever my calories , and eating healthy.
    Not much working out yet and lost 17 lbs pretty fast.

I just getting back into the working out now, so that should make things look better