Calling all Geeks!

Options
VixenMerai
VixenMerai Posts: 26 Member
Hi! I'm new here (again. Yes I've been on MFP before) and I am seeking support from the geeky sort of friends. I find that if there's good chit chat along with the support it might be a little easier to log in daily and have a reason to stick around.

Some fandoms I'm into range from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Hannibal, just to name a few. I'm definitely looking forward to Anne Rice's up and coming tv series about her Vampire Chronicles as I read them when I was a teen.

I also used to play video games (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the one I'm currently dipping in and out of), but have done MMOs like Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn.

I also used to do a lot of creative writing Role playing and table top roleplaying (like D&D), and painted miniatures too.

I say used to because I am now the new Mummy of a 14 week old baby - which is why I'm looking to get back on track with my eating habits. Right now, I'm just looking to start cooking again instead of relying on microwave meals and takeaways...which...with a baby is a huuuge task in of itself.

Anyways, would love to chat if you're a fellow Geek!

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I absolutely love Harry Potter, Hannibal and I grew up on Lord of the Rings - my dad is a massive geek so I have him to blame.

I sometimes do creative writing as well, I haven't done it in a while but I am currently working on a book just now, although I would like it to be a graphic novel but I can't draw haha. I like video games as well but I mainly enjoy multiple choice games, visual novel and mainly story based games like Life is Strange, Steins;Gate. I also like anime

I only went to my first comic con, for a full weekend, last year and I also did cosplay as well! It was so much fun.

I would love to chat to more geeks as well!
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Fully devoted geek here in everyway possible.
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    Friend request incoming!!
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    Hiya! I absolutely love Harry Potter, Hannibal and I grew up on Lord of the Rings - my dad is a massive geek so I have him to blame.

I sometimes do creative writing as well, I haven't done it in a while but I am currently working on a book just now, although I would like it to be a graphic novel but I can't draw haha. I like video games as well but I mainly enjoy multiple choice games, visual novel and mainly story based games like Life is Strange, Steins;Gate. I also like anime

I only went to my first comic con, for a full weekend, last year and I also did cosplay as well! It was so much fun.

Ahhh tell me you're a #fannibal :smiley: I like some anime - lots of Studio Ghibli, Death Note, The Last Airbender....
  • amyteacake
    Options
    VixenMerai wrote: »

Ahhh tell me you're a #fannibal :smiley: I like some anime - lots of Studio Ghibli, Death Note, The Last Airbender....

I am a #fannibal. I was so upset when the show got cancelled. I love Studio Ghibli's work
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    *WAVES* geek here.

Loving the fact that there is an Ann Rice tv series coming out - not heard about that! And I love Hannibal - more the books, then films, then the series, but all exceptionally good. Hannibal Lecter is such an awesome character

Also, Buffy, Xena, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings (massively) and various random anime :)
    then books, Stephen King, Thomas Harris, Ann Rice, Brian Lumley and Terry Pratchett are my go to's :D

not so much gamer but I did used to do LARP at uni - kind of D&D but outside with carbon fibre padded weapons and costumes haha yeah total geek
  • VixenMerai
    Options

I am a #fannibal. I was so upset when the show got cancelled. I love Studio Ghibli's work

Me too but Bryan Fuller is looking to bring it back...although he now seems to be working with Anne and Christopher Rice for the Vampire Chronicles series. For the pilot at least!! I don't know if you got my message but I hope you'll add me as I can't seem to do it on my phone!
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    *WAVES* geek here.

Loving the fact that there is an Ann Rice tv series coming out - not heard about that! And I love Hannibal - more the books, then films, then the series, but all exceptionally good. Hannibal Lecter is such an awesome character

Also, Buffy, Xena, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings (massively) and various random anime :)
    then books, Stephen King, Thomas Harris, Ann Rice, Brian Lumley and Terry Pratchett are my go to's :D

not so much gamer but I did used to do LARP at uni - kind of D&D but outside with carbon fibre padded weapons and costumes haha yeah total geek

I've read all the books and seen the movies and series. I am actually a huuge fan of the series and I love what Bryan Fuller did with it, along with Mads and Hugh.

And yes Anne and Christopher Rice are working on it now, alongside Bryan Fuller!

I did a practice with LARP weaponry once. Would have been pretty amazing to get into except there was a guy there who made things super awkward for me. Add me!
  • amyteacake
    Options

Me too but Bryan Fuller is looking to bring it back...although he now seems to be working with Anne and Christopher Rice for the Vampire Chronicles series. For the pilot at least!! I don't know if you got my message but I hope you'll add me as I can't seem to do it on my phone!

I hope that he brings it back, a lot of his shows seem to be getting cancelled like Pushing Daisies as well. I'll need to check that out! I'll add you just now
  • VixenMerai
    Options

I hope that he brings it back, a lot of his shows seem to be getting cancelled like Pushing Daisies as well. I'll need to check that out! I'll add you just now

Yeah his recent one he's left (American Gods) and he worked in Star Trek Discovery for a short amount of time too. Reeeeally hoping Hannibal makes a comeback, even if it is perfect in it's 3 seasons.
  • amyteacake
    Options

Yeah his recent one he's left (American Gods) and he worked in Star Trek Discovery for a short amount of time too. Reeeeally hoping Hannibal makes a comeback, even if it is perfect in it's 3 seasons.

I love American Gods, it one of my favourite books by Neil Gaiman.
    It was just so good, the imagery and the music was just amazing. I really hope Netflix hurries up and puts the third season on.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Comic book fan (Mostly Daredevil, Spider-Gwen, Bat-Family, and Princeless including Raven), Once-ler, and writer of fanfictions. Currently I'm working on an OUAT multi-part, but I've written quite a lot of Daredevil and Batman et al in the past, and likely in the future, too.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I love American Gods, it one of my favourite books by Neil Gaiman.
    It was just so good, the imagery and the music was just amazing. I really hope Netflix hurries up and puts the third season on.

I still haven't got round to watching that! Loved the book and everyone has raved about how good the series is!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Another geek here - fan of many geeky things - Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, almost all Superhero stuff and many Myth & Legend related things, played D&D as a teen but not really since.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I do geeky stuff for a living! I sent you a message, OP :smiley:
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Big Hannibal fan here and glad to hear that they're at least talking about bringing it back! That ending was pretty awesome though and it would be interesting to see where Will's development goes from there.

Also GoT, but gotta wait another year :s Ahh well, they probably need the time to do all the CGI and choreography as it'll probably be mostly action next season.

I'm still following the Walking Dead only because I've already watched so much and it would be crazy to stop now lol.

Otherwise I'm also into animes: Naruto/Boruto, Dragon Ball Super, Cowboy Bebop, Haikyuu, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho One Hundred, Madoka Magicka, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghibli movies

And table top games! Some recent ones I played are Betrayal at House on the hill, Coup, Pandemic, Munchkin, Boss Monster, Splendor, Hive, Forbidden Island
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    merimeaux wrote: »

I haven't gotten it!! :o
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    Hey!

Big Hannibal fan here and glad to hear that they're at least talking about bringing it back! That ending was pretty awesome though and it would be interesting to see where Will's development goes from there.

Also GoT, but gotta wait another year :s Ahh well, they probably need the time to do all the CGI and choreography as it'll probably be mostly action next season.

I'm still following the Walking Dead only because I've already watched so much and it would be crazy to stop now lol.

Otherwise I'm also into animes: Naruto/Boruto, Dragon Ball Super, Cowboy Bebop, Haikyuu, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho One Hundred, Madoka Magicka, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghibli movies

And table top games! Some recent ones I played are Betrayal at House on the hill, Coup, Pandemic, Munchkin, Boss Monster, Splendor, Hive, Forbidden Island

Ahhhhh yaaaas all the #fannibals must friend me. I agree - the ending was perfect, and as much as I'd love to see more (and see how Will and Hannibal's relationship goes forward), if Bryan didn't get to do more, I'm perfectly happy with what he put out. A perfect trio with a perfect ending, unlike some (Dexter).

Yeah totally bummed about having to wait so long for GOT but hopefully it's worth it!

Walking Dead I abandoned after....you know. YOU KNOW. I just got tired of the same crap and...well. They got rid of someobe I liked so...bye Felicia.

Table top games is definitely where I'm lacking. Hubby got me into Warhammer 40k which was actually pretty fun before I got pregnant, and I really enjoy Settlers of Catan!

Please add me you guys I don't think I can via my phone!!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    merimeaux wrote: »

I haven't gotten it!! :o

I re-sent it accompanied with a friend request. The mobile version of MFP seems to be lacking sometimes!
  • amyteacake
    Options
    Hey!

I saw Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist. My two favourite animes