AIr Fryer a wonderful thing!

Options
1235»

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings. They come with their own fat - lots of it. They really do come out great in the air fryer without adding extra oil.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I like to fry (1 Tbl oil) chicken breasts,bone in,till golden on each side,then pop the open skillet into pre heated (400*) oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven...let sit 5 minutes & serve. Very tasty,little oil.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Potato fries. I use an ActiFry for french fries. Less hassle and mess than a dedicated fryer and/or deep frying on the stove top, closer to real fries than those that come out of an oven. For me, it's a happy compromise to get "set it and forget it" completely unattended perfect fries after 27 minutes with only two tablespoons of oil being required.

If it didn't have a rotating paddle, I'd probably use it to make sopapillas or doughnut holes with a bit more oil as it has nice, deep sides compared to any skillet I own.
  • donabrown2017
    donabrown2017 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love my air fryer too!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Last night I used my Air Fryer to make potatoes. Used white potatoes. Cut them in quarters. Steamed them in microwave for 3 minutes. Took them out, let them dry and cool. Then drizzled vegetable oil on them and dredged in Panko bread crumbs. Air fried for about 10 minutes at 375 degrees. They were great. Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wanted an air fryer until I read this thread. Thanks for the opinions on BOTH sides. Helped me make up my mind :smiley:
  • Iamlirpa
    Iamlirpa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Yum! I've considered getting one but aren't they pretty small? I have a family of 5.

They actually have a few different sizes.
  • shackchic
    shackchic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Yum! I've considered getting one but aren't they pretty small? I have a family of 5.

I too have a family of five, I was gifted a 2qt that is WAY too small. I will most likely find a 6qt once I master simple recepies in this one. My kids do think corn dogs etc taste better in the air fryer tho! So that is always a win!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm happy with my Air Fryer. Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but I got one of these for Christmas and have used it only once. It's not because I didn't like what we made but that we have a smaller one and it only holds a small amount of food at one time. So, even though one/two servings are quick, making enough to feed my whole family takes forever. I love my Instant Pot and use it regularly, but I just can't seem to warm up to the air fryer.

My question to you is this, now that you have been using it for quite a while, what are your go to recipes? How do you make enough to feed more than one person without the first batch getting cold? I may as well use it since I have it...

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Waste of counter space IMHO. Any toaster oven can do the same thing, no problem.
    Also, this will not make anything taste like deep fried. There is a reason why you cannot stick your hand into a pot of hot oil. Thats the magic.

While I agree that it definitely doesn’t taste fried, I will admit that it’s a great product maybe in replace of the toaster oven. It’s fast, easy, convenient, it does actually crisp things up nicer than a toaster oven...etc. I think it’s a good and diverse product to have forsure, but definitely doesn’t fry things.....
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I guess logically one can see that you are not frying without oil. So would I not try to fry chicken in my air fryer I do cook chicken in my air fryer. I cook sweet potato fries and french fries.It is great for cooking steak and shrimp. Then again I do not fry anything. If I want fried chicken I go buy fried chicken. If I want real french fries I go to McDonalds. I love my airfryer. I am just one person so one batch works for me. It is also great for making my frozen pizza.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I really want one but I need one that is safe for pet birds with no Teflon coating and stuff.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I love my air fryer! Makes amazing chips (fries) and so much more :)