Think all calories are the same?

Options

Replies

• adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just wish that all of the bottom picture was a cheap as the top picture...lol
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

How cheap is BK really... if you have to buy three of their meals each day? The top photo only shows what people eat for one meal. The bottom photo shows breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks and 2 treats. When purchasing some items in bulk, it is actually cheaper to eat like the bottom photo. :)
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time for the post. Is the item above the dove cheerios (mini frankfurters)? How many are there in the picture? Haven't eaten them for years!
  • bjohs
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time for the post. Is the item above the dove cheerios (mini frankfurters)? How many are there in the picture? Haven't eaten them for years!

The item above the Dove bar are baby carrots. To the right of the carrots are dry roasted unsalted almonds.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options

How cheap is BK really... if you have to buy three of their meals each day? The top photo only shows what people eat for one meal. The bottom photo shows breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks and 2 treats. When purchasing some items in bulk, it is actually cheaper to eat like the bottom photo. :)

for reals. burger king, and other fast food places are like 8 dollars a meal. maybe more depending on what you get. that's ****ED up lol. i could get a whole carton of eggs plus bread plus vegetables for that lol
  • tallicedlatte
    tallicedlatte Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also think of the healthcare costs of eating "cheap" food. BK may be cheap in the short term, but not over time.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    The bowl in the second row is one mozzarella and roasted garlic chicken sausage link and steamed broccoli. NUM!

Those are great sausages and come in different flavors..I prefer mine with brown rice..yum~!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've totally noticed this. I only normally eat around 1200 or 1300 calories a day. Some days I'm munching practically all day. If I go out to dinner or slip out to McDonalds, I eat most my calories in one sitting. We really try to eat at home for this reason.
  • suz74
    suz74 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    love it! Thanks for putting this up x
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow this is such a fun visual! Thanks so much for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Thank you for this post! It really exasperates me when people dismiss reduced-calorie diets as unrealistic. More than once I've heard/seen people say, "1200/1500 calories a day? That's ridiculous, I eat 3000 right now and I would starve to death if I had to restrict myself that much!" I really wish more people took the time to educate themselves on calorie counts and compare foods like you did here.
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    what a great visual! thanks for posting. also, burger king is disgusting. :sick:
  • georgiag111
    Options
    Loved this and even posted it on my facebook!
  • bjohs
    Options
    It has been over a year since I first created and posted this photo comparing a single BK meal versus a full day's worth of healthy, nutritional food. Today, it was brought to my attention that the image was posted on Sensa Weight Loss's Facebook page. So I had to take a look... and there it was!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151280821684644

So I became curious and did a Google Images search for my image. Wouldn't you know it, it was plastered all over the internet with most of them on blog sites and Pinterest. I am having a huge chuckle over this! LOL
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

So if you were in danger of literally starving to death because you couldn't afford to eat, then I would agree that BK meals make sense. You could actually king size that BK meal and get many more calories for only a slight increase in price!

However, pretty much nobody in this country is in danger of starving to death because they can't afford food. Buying fast food like BK just causes people to over eat calories and become obese.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It has been over a year since I first created and posted this photo comparing a single BK meal versus a full day's worth of healthy, nutritional food. Today, it was brought to my attention that the image was posted on Sensa Weight Loss's Facebook page. So I had to take a look... and there it was!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151280821684644

So I became curious and did a Google Images search for my image. Wouldn't you know it, it was plastered all over the internet with most of them on blog sites and Pinterest. I am having a huge chuckle over this! LOL

I just realized you bumped this post from last year. Great picture BTW! You really should have licensed it or something!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If I ate everything in both pictures, I would still call it a good day.

ETA: minus the soda; just personal preference.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    How I feel when I cant eat fast food:

nopony.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=7cb7d0eb410e9b3f8cfe35f5083a8c49
  • bjohs
    Options
    I just realized you bumped this post from last year. Great picture BTW! You really should have licensed it or something!

Thanks! That would have been a great idea if I hadn't "lifted" a few of those food pics myself. LOL!
  • HotDolphinMama
    HotDolphinMama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump