Love to hear from women who are 5ft 1in

Options
g00286581
g00286581 Posts: 19 Member
edited January 2018 in Motivation and Support
Need motivation I’ve a lot a lot to lose, and would love to hear from other short women !

Replies

• TattiannaSC
    TattiannaSC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm about 5'2 (almost). 157cm to be exact. I've got a lot to lose too, but I realised that adding some simple workout daily as well as cutting on carbs and unnecessary fats makes A HUGE difference. It takes time to get used to. Won't deny that. I've been only doing it for about a week and I'm starting to feel and see the differences.
  • kaileek527
    kaileek527 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m about 5’1 (maybe even 5’0) and I’ve gone from 152 to 127 since October (even taking nearly all of December off)! Most of this is due to eating keto and trying to exercise more, and lately I’ve implemented intermittent fasting. It is hard but it is definitely worth the work!
  • stumplovingly
    stumplovingly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,I'm less than 5 ft.Fairly new to here.Need to lose a lot of weight.Finding it hard to stick to any program.Need support and advice on this journey
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5’1”..I started in November 2014 at 185..got down to 121 by December 2015..I was doing more cardio than strength-training..didn’t like my “look”..looked into lifting programs...I am now 131 as of today..I lift 5x a week with minimal cardio (roughly an 30-60 min a week tops!).

I am happiest where I am today!

• g00286581
    g00286581 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BNY721 wrote: »
    I am 5’1”..I started in November 2014 at 185..got down to 121 by December 2015..I was doing more cardio than strength-training..didn’t like my “look”..looked into lifting programs...I am now 131 as of today..I lift 5x a week with minimal cardio (roughly an 30-60 min a week tops!).

I am happiest where I am today!

So it’s possible
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Short women rock! good luck to all of you! from a short guy...5'-6" :smile:
  • bazel25_99
    bazel25_99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I'm 5'1" and over 40. My goal is to get down to a healthy BMI, about 35 pounds. Feel free to add me,
  • mapmackey
    mapmackey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'1" and 62 years old. I got up to 300 pounds recently and had an epiphany. Some things came to a head and I am finally able to do all the things I know I need to do to be healthy. I am drinking water. I am tracking nutrients and calories, faithfully. I am spending money and time to prepare appetizing, attractive and healthy meals. I own a horse so my exercise is primarily cleaning her stall and other barn work as well as riding as much as I can. I had gotten so heavy that I quit riding because it was a strain for my horse.
    It has been 2 and a half months now and I have lost 30 pounds! I can ride my horse again. I can trim my toenails again!
    If I can do this, you can too. I am not stopping now, I hope I can report back in another 3 months and say I lost another 30 pounds.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow shorties. I’m just over 5”1’ 42 y/o. Since November 2017 I’ve lost 26 lbs without exercise. I’ve gone from a size 14 to a snug size 8. (SW 170/GW 108) I skip breakfast to save my calories for lunch and dinner. I use a food scale when I’m not eating out but I eat out a lot. I eat tons of carbs and sugar but always average out for the week under goal. Six days ago I started a 10+ day diet break (eating maintenance) which I hope will reverse some adaptive thermogenesis. Can’t speak to the efficacy of a diet break yet (but the research supports it and frankly it’s fun) but I can say that tracking/counting calories and getting enough protein works. Plus the MFP community is amazing. So much info and support. Hope u get the motivation you are looking for. And best of luck!
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    5'1". 51 years old. Starting weight in Dec 2016 was 251 pounds (heaviest recorded weight was around 266 in Sept 2016). Current weight is around 178 pounds. (Last time I weighed this "low" was in my early to mid 20s.) Goal weight is 125 pounds, which will probably take another year or two. Very little exercise. I've primarily relied on my calorie deficit. It ain't quick, but it is doable. Experiment to find the foods that fill you up so that it's easy to hit your calorie goal. For me, that's been protein and fat. For others, that's carbs.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    JustaJoe00 wrote: »
    Short women rock! good luck to all of you! from a short guy...5'-6" :smile:

You sweet talker you. Let’s hear it for longer lifespans!