• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can! Congrats!
  • trawillcy2018
    trawillcy2018 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    zb786 wrote: »
    9lbs loss on weigh in!!!! Amaaaazinggg!!!

It was 4lbs but thanks all the same! :)
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    Yes, you can! Congrats!

Thanks so much, I'm very happy with that :)
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    That's awesome. Just remember, its going to slow down at some point and that's normal. People often expect to maintain the loss of those first few weeks and then get frustrated when it drops to a pound or no loss at all. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Thanks very much!
    I fully understand what you're saying & I was actually surprised at such a big loss, especially as I was also using the calories I earnt from my daily walks. I think it goes to show the vast amounts I was eating before!
    Thanks again, I'll always bear that in mind when weighing in :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Well done! keep up the great work :smile: Thats the first week water whoosh :smile: From now on it'll be more like 1 or 2lbs a week.
  • hollyt0424
    hollyt0424 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ^^ very true
    Be stoked for your current weight loss. Seems like you're busting your butt. Remember that as you get smaller and your body gets used to you eating better and becoming stronger, it'll be hard to lose as much. Let that motivate you!
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    Well done! keep up the great work :smile: Thats the first week water whoosh :smile: From now on it'll be more like 1 or 2lbs a week.

Thanks so much! 1-2lb a week from now on would be great & sensible :)
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    hollyt0424 wrote: »
    ^^ very true
    Be stoked for your current weight loss. Seems like you're busting your butt. Remember that as you get smaller and your body gets used to you eating better and becoming stronger, it'll be hard to lose as much. Let that motivate you!

Thanks a lot! I realise that every week will be different & I truly appreciate the reminders about the coming weeks :)
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    TW I know exactly what you mean! Good job and as everyone says, "trust the MFP process"!
    I am a 60yo female and took the process seriously with logging quite diligently in november and it does work.
    Think of weight loss NOT as a slantboard in a downward graph but as stairs going downward. Each step has its period of adjustment but the overall weight loss trend is downward.
    Congratulations girl!

That's a fantastic way of putting it, great advice Thank you! :)
  • meldjk44
    meldjk44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good job! I also lost 4lbs for my first weigh in! So I’m dancing with you!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up! I lost 2 pounds this past week! Miracles can happen, haha..We got this..If we log we will lose!
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    meldjk44 wrote: »
    Good job! I also lost 4lbs for my first weigh in! So I’m dancing with you!

Thanks lots & well done too!
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up! I lost 2 pounds this past week! Miracles can happen, haha..We got this..If we log we will lose!

Thanks very much! Well done to you too :)
  • zb786
    zb786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I lost 9lbs the first week. But this week only have lost 1lb is fairly dis encouraging
  • trawillcy2018
    Options
    Hi ladies I lost 9lbs the first week. But this week only have lost 1lb is fairly dis encouraging

Ooh don't be discouraged! Well done :)
    Look at it this way:
    9+1=10
    10÷2=5 which works out to 5lb a week over 2 weeks! Its amazing whichever way you look at it but it will slow down.
    Even staying the same is an achievement so stay positive & stick with it :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

Don't be discouraged, well done on your loss so far, some weeks it might only be 1lb, other weeks it might be a bit more. Slow and steady wins the race. All the best :smile:
  • zb786
    zb786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys xxxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!