Heartburn almost gone

Options
In the past year when I put on about 15 more pounds I started getting heartburn. Now that I have lost 12 pounds the heartburn that I was getting daily is a rare thing now..... Has this happened with anyone else?

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yes! Within a few weeks of changing my eating habits I was able to cut down on my medication for it. I'm now taking 25% of what I was when I started and honestly, I'm not sure I still need it most nights.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am hoping mine will go - I have a hitatus hernia tho - so maybe it won't!!!
  • thompasarahjane
    Options
    I also used to get terrible heartburn, but since i started losing weight and eating a better diet mine has gone completely
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was diagnose with acid reflux last year around this time. Ever since I started eating healthier, I haven't had to take my med because I never feel acid in my throat!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Its great, The only other time I had heartburn was when I was pregnant. It just dawned on me that it was almost gone :)
  • Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    After I started loosing weight and eating right, my heartburn cesed. I used to be on medicine for it.:wink:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I haven't had heartburn since the weight loss and healthier eating began in January. I'm also not nearly as ... ahem ... "windy." I think my body and my family are grateful for this new lifestyle!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am hoping mine will go - I have a hitatus hernia tho - so maybe it won't!!!

I am hoping that yours goes away also, Its a horrible feeling
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used to need a heartburn pill once or twice per day. I can't remember the last time I took one!
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow - you know I hadn't thought about it - it was not unusual for me to get HB from time to time before MFP. Haven't got one bout in the whole time since changing my ways.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!