Fiber snaps.

Options
Hey, everyone.

I've been going to the gym regularly (4-7 days a week, depending on my schedule) for the past two months. Trying to get this baby weight off. I started lifting free weights when I felt like I was in good enough shape to move away from the circuit. I've noticed the occasional sensation reoccurring. It will feel like a tiny pop in one of my muscles. It's not painful, barely noticeable, and it doesn't effect my ability to lift. I make sure I stretch well, and keep to weights that I know are within my range. I have a trainer working with me on form, so I don't believe that's the issue. The following day, I'm slightly sore but not utterly destroyed. The location of the pop isn't discernibly different than any other portion of my body. Is this a micro-tear, or something bigger?

I've experienced this even in the fittest times of my life, and it won't always happen at the gym, either. Sometimes I'll just stretch and something will pop, as well. I've been to urgent care after one incident with this, because of the location in my abdominal wall. He gave me muscle relaxers and told me to take it easy for a few days. I'm just curious about what this is and if it's troublesome. He didn't seem concerned.

My diet might need tweaking.

Calories 1500
Carbohydrates 38 g 10 %
Fat 100 g 60 %
Protein 113 g 30 %

Weight 254
Height 5'7

I went into Ketosis a few days ago and have been in need of electrolytes, which I remedied last night. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Replies

• 1wskygrl
    1wskygrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you intentionally doing a keto diet with your diet percentages as such?
  • its1230atnight
    its1230atnight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yup. 20 grams is just too restrictive for me. I can stay within the parameters of Ketosis with higher carb intake.
  • 1wskygrl
    1wskygrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ok, I'm not familiar enough with the keto diet to help there.... I wonder if you're just feeling little tears with the growth of the muscle?? not sure though
  • its1230atnight
    its1230atnight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks anyway. I'm pretty hyper sensitive to changes in my body, so, maybe it's just normal and I'm overthinking it? Beats me. I guess it's just a part of it. I'm training safely and smartly, I guess I'll just trust the process.