Wtf!?

Options

Replies

• Whybelesswhenyoucanbmore
    Options
    I pretend to take selfies everywhere I go because I try to act famous. I make my kids follow behind me holding my purse, my jacket, etc. One plays my theme song. Its a bit of an effort but worth it when someone asks for my autograph. (that hasn't happened yet but I just know its gonna!)

What is your theme song? If I hear it in public I am going to fangirl so hard so people feel stupid for not recognizing you.

The Eye of The Tiger

Do you time your selfies to the beat?
    Please say yes.

Of course. I also have each child dressed in a sweat suit and they do punches as we walk.

I think your fame is gonna happen before you know it.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    I pretend to take selfies everywhere I go because I try to act famous. I make my kids follow behind me holding my purse, my jacket, etc. One plays my theme song. Its a bit of an effort but worth it when someone asks for my autograph. (that hasn't happened yet but I just know its gonna!)

What is your theme song? If I hear it in public I am going to fangirl so hard so people feel stupid for not recognizing you.

The Eye of The Tiger

Do you time your selfies to the beat?
    Please say yes.

Of course. I also have each child dressed in a sweat suit and they do punches as we walk.

I think your fame is gonna happen before you know it.

any day now. I can feel it.
    0831227 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Why are you so concerned about what she does with her time? I mean you are entitled to think whatever you want about it of course, but to come on this forum and spit your venom by writing a post about it.... Maybe you have too much time on your hands?
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    You should see what the old guys at my gym do in the locker room. You got it good.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup to the gym because I dont like the way my face and skin look without it. I rarely go out of the door without my mask.

Sorry if people think I am stupid or that I am vain but that is just how I feel about my face. Nothing to do with social media. When I started using make up social media didnt exist.

If you were truly sorry you’re stop doing it

I am not sorry for doing it. I am sorry that people who don't know me make judgments about my reasons for doing it.

I had a motorbike accident when I was 16 and it his left me with dermal scarring that goes red in the cold or when I get flushed so I camoflage it. It is not terrible but I am self concious about it.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    I bet the OC wish they hadn’t posted this now. Crushed!!! Hahahaha
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Damn when I see a girl with makeup on at the gym I wanna ask her where she got it because if its staying on its gotta be good quality.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I mean, I don't care at the gym. I'm not there to look good or find a man or anything. But are you seriously asking why people (in this case, women) are concerned with whether a photo on the Internet is flattering?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    As long as people wipe up their *kitten* sweat and don't sit on the bench I need doing nothing I barely notice other people at the gym
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't put on makeup for the gym, but leave it on if I've had it on all day and go to the gym. But I know that's gross
    rbh0yibjwt9d.jpg
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Could be for progress pictures, maybe. (most likely scenario imo..who wants to look like crap in their progress photos)

I'll occasionally retouch blotting powder before running if I'm shiny..it'll keep the higher coverage powder foundation underneath from melting/smearing longer. I do my makeup before leaving the house in the morning (before the gym, which means I am indeed wearing makeup there) - have never needed to retouch anything afterward (weight training in a climate controlled building isn't particularly sweat-inducing for me).

I could definitely see doing it at the gym before working out if they [1] had better lighting there than at home (far from the truth at my gym, which has horrendous soft lighting that would suck for doing makeup; I put daylight bulbs in my bathroom so I look my absolute worst while applying), and [2] had to be somewhere at a strict time afterward (like work)(so they only had to change clothes quickly and jump in the car).
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    Could be for progress pictures, maybe. (most likely scenario imo..who wants to look like crap in their progress photos)

I'll occasionally retouch blotting powder before running if I'm shiny..it'll keep the higher coverage powder foundation underneath from melting/smearing longer. I do my makeup before leaving the house in the morning (before the gym, which means I am indeed wearing makeup there) - have never needed to retouch anything afterward (weight training in a climate controlled building isn't particularly sweat-inducing for me).

I could definitely see doing it at the gym before working out if they [1] had better lighting there than at home (far from the truth at my gym, which has horrendous soft lighting that would suck for doing makeup; I put daylight bulbs in my bathroom so I look my absolute worst while applying), and [2] had to be somewhere at a strict time afterward (like work)(so they only had to change clothes quickly and jump in the car).

and now we have the optimist.

=)
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Here is what I find truly ironic.....
    People wanna show up and judge the OP for judging other people.
    Everyone has their opinion. I roll my eyes right out of my head when I see a woman at the gym with 10 tons of makeup on, but it is her body and her decision. Doesn't mean I am not allowed a *kitten* opinion on it. Gym crush? Ok, if he is a decent human being he will like you with or without the makeup on. I go to the gym to bust my *kitten*, not to look pretty. I don't take selfies and post them on the internet because I am not there for anyone else. I am there for ME and when you are there for yourself you don't need documentation because you lived it. Again, my opinion and I am entitled to it and don't ask for anyone to agree.

Nice. I was thinking it but felt like as a man, didn't have the right to say it.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Here is what I find truly ironic.....
    People wanna show up and judge the OP for judging other people.
    Everyone has their opinion. I roll my eyes right out of my head when I see a woman at the gym with 10 tons of makeup on, but it is her body and her decision. Doesn't mean I am not allowed a *kitten* opinion on it. Gym crush? Ok, if he is a decent human being he will like you with or without the makeup on. I go to the gym to bust my *kitten*, not to look pretty. I don't take selfies and post them on the internet because I am not there for anyone else. I am there for ME and when you are there for yourself you don't need documentation because you lived it. Again, my opinion and I am entitled to it and don't ask for anyone to agree.

Will you take selfies and post them on the internet for us? Maybe include one of you eating healthy fruit. Ask @Avocado_AS5 which are the safest fruits to eat.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have been guilty of posting a few gym selfies to Facebook, but I have a good reason. My gym often gives free tshirts for posting a gym Selfie and tagging their fb page to it. So far, all the tshirts I've gotten have been really cute too...
    So yes, I will post a gym selfie for a FREE T-shirt...
    Don't judge...
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So today I went to the gym as I normally do. But today I seen a woman doing her makeup and taking selfies before she even broke a sweat out of the locker room!?so my wtf; questions are..... Why are women so concerned about looks at the gym or on social media? Smh its a waste of time in my opinion and you look silly when sweating it all off lmao..

Some of us are tired of being single and have sort of crushes at the gym.
    Some of us wear waterproof makeup.
    Some of us are always concerned about our looks. Its okay to be vain so long as you're not a dick IMO.
    To each her own.

The makeup doesn't feel nasty when you start sweating? I know I'm a bit more sensitive than the average person, lol.
  • Whybelesswhenyoucanbmore
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    So today I went to the gym as I normally do. But today I seen a woman doing her makeup and taking selfies before she even broke a sweat out of the locker room!?so my wtf; questions are..... Why are women so concerned about looks at the gym or on social media? Smh its a waste of time in my opinion and you look silly when sweating it all off lmao..

Some of us are tired of being single and have sort of crushes at the gym.
    Some of us wear waterproof makeup.
    Some of us are always concerned about our looks. Its okay to be vain so long as you're not a dick IMO.
    To each her own.

The makeup doesn't feel nasty when you start sweating? I know I'm a bit more sensitive than the average person, lol.

Maybe I'm not normal but I don't get that sweaty on my face. No sweatier than I do chasing my kids around or shoving someone outta my way grocery shopping anyway.