Looking for some support!

Options
I am 9 months post op VSG and need to get back on track. Looking for support from non vsg and post op vsgers as well. I've been at a stall for a couple months and I know it's due to my lack of consistency in working out and not tracking my meals.
I moved 7 months ago and haven't gotten to connect with other active people and it had been tough looking for people that want the same thing.
So I am on a mission and commiting myself to keeping track of my meals and remaining consistent with working out. Hope I can find support here in my fitness pal app! I will relay the same! :):)

Replies

• rockitmom57
    rockitmom57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months post op (on the 24th) and have never worked so hard on myself in all my life. I have lost 102 lbs (I hit that in September) and have stuck to what I learned as to what to eat, what not to eat, but with that said... I did eat over Christmas and gained a few back. But, it's already gone. I joined a gym 2 months after surgery and didn't know anyone there. I do not like working on machines and wanted to get back to dancing in Zumba like I did 5 years ago before I blew up like the good year blimp. SO I marched myself in last August (5 months post op) and once again, knew nobody and I go 4 days a week now, and I LOVE it. I have made friends in there and come to find out, 2 gals in the class have had the VSG also. (one 2 months before me and the other a couple of years before me). I love hearing their input.

I use this site EVERY day and track EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. (It irked me somewhat because there were a couple days I couldn't get on (sick-- or busy) and MFP erases your 'days in a row', so I have had to start over a few times. But I need to be held accountable if I see a slight increase in weight, even if it's ounces. That's just me though.
    I had stalls the first few months, and once I upped the water intake and more protein, I dropped a few pounds in a weeks time. I still struggle with getting 80 ounces of water a day, and I don't, but I do my darndest to hit 60 ounces a day. I get cravings (where this ghrelin was supposed to be removed, mine found it's way back home) and I do have to fight my inner demons when my brain is screaming "CARBS! I Need carbs!" I grab a protein bar and a few almonds. It's my new normal.
  • lb21407
    lb21407 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months post op (on the 24th) and have never worked so hard on myself in all my life. I have lost 102 lbs (I hit that in September) and have stuck to what I learned as to what to eat, what not to eat, but with that said... I did eat over Christmas and gained a few back. But, it's already gone. I joined a gym 2 months after surgery and didn't know anyone there. I do not like working on machines and wanted to get back to dancing in Zumba like I did 5 years ago before I blew up like the good year blimp. SO I marched myself in last August (5 months post op) and once again, knew nobody and I go 4 days a week now, and I LOVE it. I have made friends in there and come to find out, 2 gals in the class have had the VSG also. (one 2 months before me and the other a couple of years before me). I love hearing their input.

I use this site EVERY day and track EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. (It irked me somewhat because there were a couple days I couldn't get on (sick-- or busy) and MFP erases your 'days in a row', so I have had to start over a few times. But I need to be held accountable if I see a slight increase in weight, even if it's ounces. That's just me though.
    I had stalls the first few months, and once I upped the water intake and more protein, I dropped a few pounds in a weeks time. I still struggle with getting 80 ounces of water a day, and I don't, but I do my darndest to hit 60 ounces a day. I get cravings (where this ghrelin was supposed to be removed, mine found it's way back home) and I do have to fight my inner demons when my brain is screaming "CARBS! I Need carbs!" I grab a protein bar and a few almonds. It's my new normal.

I feel you on the gherlin hahaha what happened to that being sucks out? Hahaha. I feel like I get hungry a lot and my mission now is to stack up,on healthy high protein snacks..any suggestions?