Probably tmi but..

Options
Ever since I had my kids (2.5 and 1.5 year olds), my bowel movements aren't the same. I assumed eating healthy, lots of water and fiber would help.. It's not.. It's been 4 days.. The usual. Any advice on what can regulate me? When you have 4 days of food sitting in your body you tend to feel bloated.. Which is what I feel, and icky! Any help?

Replies

• M1ssBehave
    M1ssBehave Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    activa, it really works, sometimes too well
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    You can use epsom salts to make a natural laxative. If I remember correctly, it's about 1 tsp in one cup of warm water. It'll say on the label. My teenage daughter has the same problem, and that works very well for her.
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean, i got told i had ibs at 18 although i never really thought it was ibs, sometimes i can go 7 days without going,, i have now been told it probably isnt ibs and may have endometriosis but anyway i have found that peppermint oil tablets help, also bananas helped my mum, hope this helps, i totally sympathise with u, x
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm super regular, but I find that my BM's are less frequent on days when i don't have a salad. I also notice when I eat broccoli I go more frequently that day. Push come to shove a natural laxative is 1 tsp of epsom salt dissolved in 4 oz of water. You'll want to add another 4 oz of grapefruit juice to hide the taste though, cause it's nasty without.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I started takiing 2 Citrucel every night and go every day like clockwork. Not metamucil that constipates me. I tried activia but it never worked, just gave me gas.:blushing:
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    8oz of prune juice, not the best tasting stuff but give it a hour and you will have a BM. For me eating healthy can sometimes back me up for a few days and the prune juice really does help for some reason.

I drink 8oz then go for a walk. then I am ready and it doesn't cramp your stomach and you go one good time. I also have IBS and eating healthy has the opposite effect of eating fatty foods.

Good Luck-Hope it helps
  • BeeElleTea
    Options
    a cup and a half of coffee works for me but idk your feelings towards the caffeine :-)
  • slimndownat48
    slimndownat48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try adding raw almonds to your meal plan every day.......when I have problems it is usually when I strayed away from the almonds.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I found that no matter how well I eat if I eat breads, etc. it has a bad effect on me. also bananas don't agree with me. I gave up breads but still eat oatmeal, brown rice, etcl and I now go every day. I always know when I have forgotten and eat a sandwich. Good luck, tha's an awful feeling to carry around all day.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have this SAME problem! It will sometimes add 3 pounds to me. I can go days...and if I'm out of town? Forget it. I'm in a world of hurt. I JUST this weekend tried Exlax chocolate and it has been the best stuff I've used. No gas or cramping, but I got regular. It is the best I have tried. I'll have to try the Citricel and/or epsom salts too.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    all i know is what works for me...

but i have read a lot and experienced similar issues, and there are three pieces to being regular.

1. drink enough water
    2. get enough fiber (25+ to start out with but increase as you wish)
    3. get enough fat (if you lower it below 20% you will find issues with being constipated)

Oh, and there is one more. EXERCISE regularly.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I have the same problem. I use Miralex....1/2 cap in my AM coffee...that's all I need. Now I go everyday......Hope you find something that works......good luck :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Do you have a trampoline?
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    a fresh plum after dinner. that is better then anything!
    and try staying away from dairy foods...
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    a cup and a half of coffee works for me but idk your feelings towards the caffeine :-)

Coffee definitely, and I am in the bathroom within the hour.