Poll: pregnancy weight gain? Curious!

Options
13»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i gained and then lost 20 with both my kids (7 years apart).

i still got fat, but it wasnt due to pregnancy. it was due to shoving all the food everywhere in my mouth and being a slovenly lazy *kitten*.

• BrookeRunningMom
    BrookeRunningMom Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i was 130 before baby then went up to 180 at 40 weeks prego and stayed at about 160+ after my baby then had another and was the same weight gain and then finally said f it and lost the weight quick from running and eating good went to 110lbs but then gained 10lbs back but all good currently prego with 3rd and determined not to gain unnecessary weight just because Im pregnant so running lots lol
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I gained 20 during my pregnancy that was after I had my baby. I lost a LOT of weight during the birth, like 35 lbs. I had polyhydramnios.
  • robynj20
    robynj20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m still trying to lose the last 12 lbs. still nursing for a few more weeks. Baby will be a year end of this month. It’s hard to lose this last bit. I’ve been fighting it since coming home from having her. I don’t want My milk supply affected.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    With the first kid my wife gained 30lbs (only 10 remained post birth) but I gained 40lbs and I didn't have a baby to blame it on.

Did much better on the second kid. My wife gained the 30 again but I managed to keep my weight under check and managed to keep my weight gain to 5lbs.

I blame it on all those extra calories from the beer. I suddenly found myself drinking for 3! Seriously though during the first pregnancy I really let myself go and was shocked by some of the pictures post birth when my wife had shrunk back to normal and I was still very big. It is what actually started my weight loss journey. Be kind to the husbands out there :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    With the first kid my wife gained 30lbs (only 10 remained post birth) but I gained 40lbs and I didn't have a baby to blame it on.

Did much better on the second kid. My wife gained the 30 again but I managed to keep my weight under check and managed to keep my weight gain to 5lbs.

I blame it on all those extra calories from the beer. I suddenly found myself drinking for 3! Seriously though during the first pregnancy I really let myself go and was shocked by some of the pictures post birth when my wife had shrunk back to normal and I was still very big. It is what actually started my weight loss journey. Be kind to the husbands out there :)

"Drinking for 3", ROFLMAO!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    In the 2 year period before I got pregnant with my first, I lost nearly 40 pounds. I was still overweight but in the best shape of my life. With pregnancy, I gained a lot because eating helped curb my morning sickness. The last time I weighed myself before delivery I was up 50-55 pounds. After delivery, my weight leveled out about 35 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight. I didn't ever get into a good routine with diet and exercise and more-or-less maintained around there for a bit more than a year before getting pregnant again. With my second I had worse morning sickness and, between the vomiting and lack of appetite, I lost weight my first trimester. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the middle of my pregnancy and my delivery weight was about the same it was the first time. After delivery, my weight dropped close to where I was prior to that pregnancy, maybe a few pounds more. I have been right around that weight for the past 16 months. After 6 years, I am back to where I started before the first time I lost weight. I was successful before, I can be successful again.

In summary:

230: All-time high prebaby (Winter 2012)
    190: After 2 years of improved eating habits and more consistent exercise (Winter 2014)
    245: Delivery weight with baby #1 (Fall 2014)
    225: Post pregnancy weight (Fall 2014)
    245: Delivery weight with baby #2 (Fall 2016)
    230: Post pregnancy weight (Fall 2016)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Well ladies it's been a few weeks and I've lost a few lbs, so I'm eating just under maintenance and breast feeding so what I'm doing is working, just nice and slowly! My milk is absolutely fine too so that's all good. I've been cleared to exercise by the doctor too so I'm now feeling much better.

For the person who said it's amazing how weak you are after pregnancy.... oooh yes! I could perform one single press up where I was at 20 before and I can do about 10 squats lol but hey it's going to be fun building it back up and super rewarding as it's been ages since I've had fast progress!
  • piakristina
    piakristina Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    21 lbs gain with twins
    Pre pregnancy 156lbs
    35 weeks when born 177lbs
    3 weeks post birth down to 150lbs (due to stress I think!)
  • shannonstube
    shannonstube Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had twins last January and gained 37 pounds. They turned one yesterday and I am at my pre-pregnancy weight without much effort, but I was about 35 pounds overweight to begin with, so now I'm working on losing that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    #1 - gained 40lbs. - didn't lose it all until 2 years later as I didn't try!
    # 2 - gained 21lbs (didn't want to have to lose loads second time around). Got back to pre pregnancy weight in around 6 months.
    Every pregnancy is different.
    I didn't breastfeed.
  • jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weighed 170 before I got pregnant, weighed 210 just before I gave birth, weighed 195 right after, and have slowly been losing and gaining weight since then. My son is 17 months and I now weigh 179lbs. Its a long process, but eventually I will get to my goal of 150-160lbs.

One day at a time ladies!!! :)
  • Kayla647
    Kayla647 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I gained 50! Lost only 15 after birth but gained it back immediately due to severe stress, my daughter is 18 months now and I'm working hard to finally shed those 50lbs!
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I gained 36 lbs. But I had preeclampsia. I was 171lbs when I got pregnant and checked into the hospital at 209lbs. At my one-week check-up I weight 173 lbs.

So I guess I only really gained 2 lbs. This was a little more than three years ago.

However, I weighed in at 209 last week soooo I gained it all back. Except this time I don't have a baby as an excuse :(