Calling all 5'5 ladies

Options

Replies

• ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My SW was 288 which is what I weighed when I had my baby. I'm down to 265. My goal is 140 and I'm giving myself two years to get there. I have two reunions that year so I want to make an impression and be able to walk in feeling confidant.
  • bailer1310
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    My SW was 146.8, my highest weight ever. I'm still shocked I gained so much weight over the course of one year. MFP SW was 138, CW 123 and my GW is 118.
    More than anything I wish to remain healthy and fit while making better food choices "forever" I need to overcome this battle for life.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.4 1/2. My starting weight was 157, current weight is 137 and goal weight is about 123 (reached it around Dec/Jan, but put some back on)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and 5'5. My starting weight was around 160#.

Horrible photo from January when I was already down to 152#, wearing size 10 jeans.

IMG_9821.jpg

Photos from last night at 129.5#, wearing size 2 jeans!

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

I'm not trying to lose any more. If another few pounds happen to drop, that's ok. If I happen to gain a few while strength training, that's ok, too.

Blog with more details and lots more photos: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/how-i-did-it-timeline-with-photos-133754
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Don't I feel like the fatty 5'5'er right now? I started at 184 and I'm down to 169 (or less, that was last weigh in) and my goal right now is 150. I've never weighed less than about 135 and at 145 a few years ago I looked pretty emaciated, so I will just redetermine once I get to 150.

Anyway, good luck to you! :)

Don't worry, I have you beat!!

SW: 258
    CW: 204
    GW: 164

I have a large frame and I do not even recall the last time I weighed in the 160s....middle school, I think.

I will determine if that is my final goal once I get there.

The other day, I told someone I still had 40 lbs to lose and they asked me if I wanted to look like a crackhead! ha
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft 5, my start weight was 140, i am currently 127 and my goal is 126.
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'm 5'5 starting weight 165, goal 140!
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Im 5.5 and my starting weight was 168. Im now at 135. Im not sure if I want to stop now or try for 5 more lbs. My original goal was 140, but I just kept eating right and 5 more dropped off. I am happy at this weight and didnt think I would ever see it again!!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and hit about 170 - my initial goal was 135ish but I've been floating around 148-150 since April - my body apparently really likes that range! I'm comfortable with my exercise and eating, though, and I'm much more fit than before, so I can't complain..
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Don't worry, I have you beat!!

SW: 258
    CW: 204
    GW: 164

And, I have you beat!

SW: 266
    CW: 213
    GW: 175

But, I don't know if that's my final goal weight. I guess I'm going for a look and feel, more than a number on the scale. I haven't been 175 in so many decades (ha!) that I don't even know what it looks like. I was 195 about 10 years ago, and really liked how I looked/felt then. So, that was my initial goal. But, as I got closer and realized how it's feasible to go lower, I adjusted. So, now 175 is the goal. But, who knows. Maybe I'll move it down to 165. Or 150.

I don't really have any desire to be tiny or very thin, though :)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My start weight was about 205 pounds, and I'm down to 157 right now. My next goal is 145, but I have no idea what my end goal should be. This is already the smallest I've been since, well, probably middle school.

Pictures!
    comp1.jpg
  • bieque
    bieque Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and sw was 135. My current weight is 130.2 and my goal weight is 127. But I'd be ok with 129 since I've lost 2 inches off my waist and almost an inch off my hips. I get frustrated with clothing because someone will state that they're a size 2 at 129 lbs whereas at 130.2, I'm still a size 8 and a 10 in some styles. I try to just focus on the fact that I've gained a lot of muscle (can actually see muscle in my arms for the first time in over 5 years and my calves and thighs are looking muscular as well due to running and lunge work. But I have a size 6 pair of pants that I'd love to get back into and so far they're still too tight. :(
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Clothing sizes are insane and unpredictable. I have everything from a size 2 to a size 8 that I wear regularly. Some of the 8s are getting a little loose, but still wearable.

I can manage to squeeze into, button and zip, old jeans that I wore in high school 20+ years ago. They don't exactly FIT, because they're incredibly painfully tight, but I weigh about 20 pounds more than I did then.
  • shevanity
    shevanity Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 168 and current weight is 132. My goal weight is 125. I normally wear sizes 4-6 in clothing.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" but I like to tell people I'm 5'5." :laugh: My starting weight was 205lbs and I'm currently at 179.4lbs. My goal weight is 135lbs, but that is completely negotiable. I wouldn't mind losing a little more so I can weigh a little less.
  • thereseofdoom
    thereseofdoom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I usally just use the app on my iPhone, and just discovered the actual website. What a great support community! I wish I would have come on here sooner!

Anyway, I'm 5'5" I started using my fitness pal when I became serious about losing the baby weight (my "baby" is almost 3... eek!)

SW-158
    CW-138
    GW-125
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm sorta new and 5'5 :)

SW: 140
    CW: 138
    GW: 130
  • PriorGodwyn
    Options
    I'm 5'4. :smile: My name's Amrita.
    Starting: 138
    Current: 136
    Goal: 99

I just want to be under the triple digits. That just seems too large. It sounds crazy. It might be. :) But I'll try.

I'd really like to lose weight because my appearance is my biggest insecurity. I only like getting things for myself if I've earned them, so I have big plans for when I lose weight! :smile: I can't wait.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" too, and before starting MFP, my highest weight was 183. I lost 20 pounds in 2009, and my doctor wants me to lose more. I'm currently at 153. My goal on my ticker is 150 (BMI healthy range is up to 146), but I really want to get down to 140 before it's all over.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" +1/2 and my start weight was 138. GW - 118.

In my profile pics I have one where I was about 124.

I am small framed and am hovering now between 121 and 123. I am comfortable at this weight but would like to reduce my body fat.

I did get down to 111 after I had my son a long time ago and that was too low for me, sitting down on a hard surface was uncomfortable, I was tired all the time and it was too hard to sustain.

A lot depends on your build , how you feel and how diligent you are willing to be.