JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Success: Well, I don't really have an "on my way to healthy" success story, but I did finish my first ever quilt--an extra large baby quilt. Anyway, way OT. Thanks for letting me share :)

What I learned: If I stay focused on my process, 3 months from now, just 12 weeks, I will be doing a happy dance!

As a fellow quilter --- congrats on your first quilt!! Please share if you can!!
    And I love what you said .... 3 months from now, if we stay focused, we will all be doing a happy dance!

Thanks, Joan. I can't say quilting is a relaxing exercise, as I've heard many people state. Perhaps that's because I am learning to sew at the same time...but I will say I have gained a lot of satisfaction from it.

It will be interesting to see where we are in 12 weeks...I like that we are more than just hoorahing over weight loss...but other things such as water intake, and getting enough sleep, or logging all our food consistently. This is a great little community.
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It was a good day! Of course the hard part of the day is not over yet.

Report 1/18
    Log :)
    Make more of an effort to eat more protein and stay green :) green!
    Walk at work :) did treadmill at work 11k steps!
    Stand at work :) stood for morning meetings.
    Make purple carrot box for dinner. :) Pad Thai!
    Drink water! :/ Can always drink more. I need to start measuring. But I usually have a mug of hot water with me in the morning if I’m at my desk.
    Fast til noon. :D this intermittent fasting schedule really seems to work well for me.

JFT 1/19
    Log
    Pack healthy lunch since I’m meeting friends for lunch.
    Walk between meetings
    Moderate dinner, as Friday nights I like to go out to eat.
    Fast til noon
    Wrap birthday presents.
    Bring home stuff to read for work.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    missheidi wrote: »
    @Bex953172 - I feel for you. My youngest son weighed over 9 pounds, and those last 2 months were awful ... especially trying to sleep. I am sure everything is fine .... just normal pregnancy stuff .... but like @missheidi said, it is always good to mention all this to your doctor to be sure. You rest as much as you can.

And YES .... you are the best diet coach!! But you just wait .... come April ..... I'll be watching you ;)

Well I’m 34 weeks today, my growth scan last week estimated the baby to be about 4lb 1. But even that buts baby on the 10th percentile which is the low end of average baby size so I think all in all I’m looking at a 6/7lb baby again! So I don’t know why it’s so uncomfortable this time!

I can see my tummy moving from the outside now, which is pretty cool lol my partner finds it creepy haha

Anyway I’ve also just been sent to sleep on the sofa again! Acid reflux making me cough!
    It’s like 3.45am lol!! All I’ve got now is the rabbit banging his feet in his cage! Yay for me!

Fortunately milk has helped with the reflux!

Lol. My first was 3'10". He was the early one. Second one at full term was still a couple grams short of 5'. I'm not good at growing the babies.

3.10! Awh how tiny! How long did he have to spend in special care?

My smallest was 6lb 6. And she was classed as a small baby. (Which is why I get growth scans now) She didn’t feel small! Haha my eldest was 7.10! And she’s big now for a 4 year old lol!
    She’s gonna be a teenager before I know it!

She starts school in September! :scream:

He was born may 27 and came home June 18. His due date was July 9. He still a shrimp at 13. Has Asperger's and some sensory issues so he doesn't eat very well.

My auntie was told she couldn’t have kids, miraculously got pregnant, had pre-e and gave birth at 27 weeks! I think he was about 2lb?
    And he’s now 17? I think lol and he’s still small too! But no other issues as far as I’m aware!

Does he have mild Aspergers or is it quite severe? There’s like a whole spectrum isn’t there on how badly you can be affected, if at all!

It just depends on the day. Sometimes he manages really well, other times....
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Check in 1/18
    Logged :)
    Stayed green calories :) only went over 3 carbs :p
    40 oz water :) lots of tea :)
    No yoga. Didn't really expect to. :*
    Knitted 5 rows. Badly with holes but it will get better. :#
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Recap
    Just for Thursday, January 18
    Up at 6 :/ I woke up at 6 but didn't get out of bed
    Get girls up and to school :)
    Breakfast :)
    Exercise :) 4 mile walk
    Clean :/ Yes but not as much as I'd hoped
    Meeting :)
    Organize my room with friend :( She cancelled
    Stay green :)By far, especially, if I were to eat back my exercise calories, which I don't
    Don't worry about macros :)
    Steps. No work so I think I will shoot for 8k. :)Made my normal 11k steps
    Sleep by 10 :|I think I will. Feeling it.

Just for Friday, January 19
    Wake up 5 am
    Short HIIT workout
    Breakfast
    Get ready
    Get girls ready
    Work
    Walk after work
    Meet step goal (it's 11k but I want to shoot for 14)
    Stay green
    Don't worry about macros
    Bed by 11
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    If anyone sees the truck I've been run over by, please let me know. :o

I hope you missed the truck ..... and are doing better :)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    THurs
    1. continue drinking water. Make this a habit :) 10 cups today!!! My little red cups are really helping me!
    2. log all food :)
    3. go to the gym .... no more excuses :) But it was SO hard to get out to door! Temps were 16 degrees, but I am so afraid of losing this habit, so I went, and glad I did. I always feel so much better when I get home!
    4. work on sewing :) Going to do this tonite
    5. brush and floss teeth by 9pm to keep from eating anymore :/ Well, its 10 pm now, and I am munching on my bowl of popcorn. But as soon as the popcorn is done .... I will do this
    6. bedtime by midnight. (We tend to stay up way too late!!). :o Too early yet, but hoping to get hubby up to bed at 11:30 so its lites out at 12
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food no matter what
    2. if we go to new mexican restuaruant, log as carefully as I can. eat lightly for lunch
    3. aim for 10 cups of water again. I feel so much better also now that I drink more water!
    4. work on business taxes - accountant is wanting stuff already. Yikes - lots to do yet
    5. sew in the evening - my relaxation time!
    6. get back on here tomorrow ---- be accountable.

So many posts --- Love you guys! I enjoy reading everyone's goals, and how great everyone is doing! THis will be our year!

Joan, so glad the water increase is helping you (read from previous post) I agree...since increasing I find I'm not as hungry. Also, the last time I went to a restaurant I looked at their menu online and chose what I was going to eat and logged it in MFP before going. I included everything...bread (in your case, chips), wine, etc. Then I told my husband I was going to take half my meal home (accountability). I had to play with the menu a bit but I was determined to not go over my allotted calories. I still had a wonderful evening and didn't feel deprived---I was going to get to eat two yummy meals! (and I ate very very little prior...think I had a cottage cheese and raw veggies) Anyway, good luck and enjoy your evening out!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Laundry :)
    3. Binding for Mark's quilt :)
    4. Research coffee pots :)
    5. Part for vacuum :) Now I can use the power head again.
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Leave for ferry, 5am
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30

A friend and I are heading out for the day tomorrow which entails 3.5 hours of ferry and at least 2 hours on the bus. I'm not sure what time we'll be back so no actual tasks other than get back home and sleep by days end.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - Go to gym (there right now!) :)
    - Be in the green, without eating back exercise cals :D
    - Drink three bottles of water :| Two. This is hard!
    - Stop working by 6.30 latest :)
    - Be cheerful! :| reasonably....

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink three bottles of water
    - Leave work by 6pm latest
    - Stay calm, even in annoying meeting...
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Yeah, I've struggled with the cards as well. I struggle to find time to remember to read them! I have notifications on my phone to remind me, but the problem is I have quite a lot of notifications and when I'm busy at work I don't even look at my phone and then come back to find 20 notifications....!

There are some bits I've found really helpful though. There's a day where you skip lunch to let yourself realise what hunger is like and that it's not that terrible. Since then, I've been much better at putting up with hunger and not doing preventative snacking!

She also gets you to plan your day's eating in advance and then stick to it, no matter what. This has helped a lot, but I'm struggling with the fact that you're meant to never change your mind and deviate from it ever. Sometimes I just want to eat something different! Though I recognise that when you do that 'something different' generally means 'something fattening'.... So I'm considering allowing myself to deviate 1-2 times per week, but no more?

Recommend persevering though - there's a lot of good stuff in it!
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ok sorry I have been MIA! The thread has been moving so fast! I am going to go back and try to get caught up.. also going to not copy and paste I think that is where I was not feeling as committed daily.

Good luck making your goals

JTF
    1. 15,000 Steps
    2. log everything on MFP
    3. Drink 6 bottles of water
    4. Do one thing on my long priority work to do list