JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Good afternoon everyone!

So because my 90(180!) day review happened yesterday a few things happened today! First of all I got my official name plate! For 6 months I’ve been using a piece of printed paper…definitely not professional. AND I got signing authority! Since my start day, for every Treasurers check that I’ve signed(which was MANY) I’ve had to make a copy of and at the end of the day email them all over to my VP for him to approve and send back. It’s been a total headache! So hopefully today will be my last day of that! I signed the paperwork and Laura sent it over to him. We’re hoping that he sends it back today. It definitely has been an exciting day! Lol.🤗

The day has been pretty slow. It got to noon pretty fast and then all of a sudden the time started to drag. It is now 2pm and I am seriously bored out of my mind! There are a few personal paperwork-y things that I could do but I don’t really feel like having to pull that out. I’ve also figured out that if I email my MFP posts from my work email to my personal, I can copy and paste them from Gmail on my phone into the app and not have to fight with phone typing the whole thing out…SO MUCH EASIER! I am a much faster typist then I am texter. And I tend to make much fewer mistakes this way.😁

So what is everyone making for dinner? I have no idea what I want to make. I should probably do something chicken related because it’s been a long time since I’ve sautéed any. (Can you tell I’m bored??)😂

Okay, enough chatter!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I'm trying to post in the mornings so I can accurately record my august challenge.... but morning are harder for me to find the time. So I may still post my goals in the evenings, and just update the challenge in the mornings. But wow .... I had to go back 5 pages just to find my post!!

I am doing better, but realize I have to stay off the scale. I have to keep reminding myself that these are only numbers.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food :) Only had ONE piece of pizza at Pizza hut, and had the salad bar first! Thanks for the reminder @Bex to look up calories before eating!!
    2. work some more in the yard :/ Too much work-stuff to do.
    3. shipping, so have to help hubby :)
    4. go to the gym :)
    5. write emails to 3 friends :)
    6. call my son :/ Tried to call him .... but no answer :'(

JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym
    2. concentrate on april challenge = 8+ cups water
    3. mindful eating .... look up calories before I eat, and plan
    4. plan ahead snacks for today and dinner tonite (Italian chix for dinner, yogurt and fruit for lunch).
    5. only 1 snack tonite

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)
    13.. One fiber one brownie... kitchen closed :)
    14. One fiber one brownie .... kitchen closed :)

Look at all of the happy faces in your August Challenge!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

So because my 90(180!) day review happened yesterday a few things happened today! First of all I got my official name plate! For 6 months I’ve been using a piece of printed paper…definitely not professional. AND I got signing authority! Since my start day, for every Treasurers check that I’ve signed(which was MANY) I’ve had to make a copy of and at the end of the day email them all over to my VP for him to approve and send back. It’s been a total headache! So hopefully today will be my last day of that! I signed the paperwork and Laura sent it over to him. We’re hoping that he sends it back today. It definitely has been an exciting day! Lol.🤗

The day has been pretty slow. It got to noon pretty fast and then all of a sudden the time started to drag. It is now 2pm and I am seriously bored out of my mind! There are a few personal paperwork-y things that I could do but I don’t really feel like having to pull that out. I’ve also figured out that if I email my MFP posts from my work email to my personal, I can copy and paste them from Gmail on my phone into the app and not have to fight with phone typing the whole thing out…SO MUCH EASIER! I am a much faster typist then I am texter. And I tend to make much fewer mistakes this way.😁

So what is everyone making for dinner? I have no idea what I want to make. I should probably do something chicken related because it’s been a long time since I’ve sautéed any. (Can you tell I’m bored??)😂

Okay, enough chatter!

Woohoo - congrats on the nameplate! I always wanted one of those, and never worked in a position that used them. LOL

I find typing it out works so much better for me too, I don't like the weekends when I have to use my phone or ipad.

What's for dinner? That's a darn good question, I was just thinking I should text Lauryn to ask her what Jonah wants. Unfortunately, he never suggests anything healthy and if I give him a choice I feel I should honour his request. So we could go together and let an almost 7 year old boy decide our fate?

Where do you live, I have a cousin travelling back from NB to Alberta through the states. He mentioned yesterday driving through New York State and having torrential rain. It made me think with your drive to work that maybe you are somewhere near New York too?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Okay, enough chatter!

Congratulations on your success at work!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - Just as I suspected Jonah wants burgers or Grammie's homemade pizzas LOL

I may do the burgers, we had pizza last night.

I make mini pizzas on pita bread, they are very fast and not too bad calorie wise. Hard to do without an oven though. I use extra lean beef for the burgers and usually just do some chips (not fries) and salads or cucumber/tomato slices for the side. I guess I'll have to get a dessert too, little miss pushes herself back from the table now and says "treat, cream ICE cream". She'll be expecting it.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT
    CLEAR CLUTTER
    DO LAUNDRY 🙌
    READ FOR HOUR
    DRINK 46 oz.....half there..😐
    Get in some quiet time on purpose.🙌
    Do at least 1 thing that I like ..just for me...🙌 I listened to music
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Notes: I have to do what's best for me and my body
    No more coffee, drink hot tea instead.
    No more commercialized snacking ( Goodbye chips) Parting is not bitter..it's BETTER!
    EAT HEALTHIER. NO MORE gravy, back off "soul food".
    And learn that "NO" is ok.

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    I've got 2 more tasks to complete... But I'm up and moving.
    Must admit to taking a nap. The music did it👈... LMBO😂
    I haven't eaten anything except yogurt...sooooo. Gotta get something in me before nightfall.
    I was feeling kinda, blah, and even now all that I'm doing, I'm FORCING myself to do. Gotta get moving so I can get my " IN DOLPHINS"... working inside me...😂 there goes my tickle button again... Lol
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Okay, enough chatter!

Woohoo - congrats on the nameplate! I always wanted one of those, and never worked in a position that used them. LOL

I find typing it out works so much better for me too, I don't like the weekends when I have to use my phone or ipad.

What's for dinner? That's a darn good question, I was just thinking I should text Lauryn to ask her what Jonah wants. Unfortunately, he never suggests anything healthy and if I give him a choice I feel I should honour his request. So we could go together and let an almost 7 year old boy decide our fate?

Where do you live, I have a cousin travelling back from NB to Alberta through the states. He mentioned yesterday driving through New York State and having torrential rain. It made me think with your drive to work that maybe you are somewhere near New York too?

I actually live in the state underneath NY. I'm in New Jersey. The easiest way to describe where I live is...I live in next town over from where the TV show Jersey Shore was filmed. I'm from Toms River. Lol.

We got hit with the rain first. Then it moved up into NY so that must have been what your cousin got.

I was thinking turkey burgers but we don't have any buns or even bread. Lol.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the skillet lasagna meal. Takes almost no time and is super yummy.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone!

Okay, enough chatter!

Congratulations on your success at work!

Thank you! I'm so happy to finally be seeing some successes here!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Snowflake... Good Afternoon😀 Hugs angel🌹
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Okay, enough chatter!

I actually live in the state underneath NY. I'm in New Jersey. The easiest way to describe where I live is...I live in next town over from where the TV show Jersey Shore was filmed. I'm from Toms River. Lol.

We got hit with the rain first. Then it moved up into NY so that must have been what your cousin got.

I was thinking turkey burgers but we don't have any buns or even bread. Lol.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do the skillet lasagna meal. Takes almost no time and is super yummy.

I'm a little familiar with the Eastern Seaboard. I used to travel from NB to Florida with my husband when he drove truck. We used to go down through Maine to Florida, but coming out of Florida we ended up going Northwest a lot to end up in Toronto. I recognize names a lot, but couldn't tell you where they were without a map in front of me LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake... Good Afternoon😀 Hugs angel🌹

Thanks Mary, you are so sweet! It looks like you are having a good day today, good for you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise❎
    - Go to the library with the girls.❎

Currently at 5 glasses but 3 will be easy before bed!
    I'm 64 calories in the red but bit of cleaning will sort that and then I'll be in the green

I'm too hot to exercise tonight.
    I'm sweating just from sitting here, my house is really humid even though its pretty dreary outside!
    And I plain and simple could not be bothered to go to the library.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 Just saying Hi! And proud of you🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @Bex953172 ✋💝👏great job considering the humidity.. You did great.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'm not myself today. I'm not feeling well. Didn't really want to eat the flatbread Turkey sandwich I had. Ate half. Lying down again for a while.
    Love to everyone💝
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    I'm not myself today. I'm not feeling well. Didn't really want to eat the flatbread Turkey sandwich I had. Ate half. Lying down again for a while.
    Love to everyone💝

Hope you feel better soon! X
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Does anyone ever simultaneously feel they should be doing more, but also less? I am quite behind at work and with house chores, but feel I have no time! I told a colleague how much I had on my schedule at work and she agreed I really need to cut back. I'm a perfectionist and it's hard to look at cutting back as anything other than a failure. However, I'm burning out where I am at, and cutting back will help me be more effective in the long run, rather than doing everything with half ability. Anywho, thanks for *listening* as always.
    Coworker had fresh sweet corn today for grabs (4 mins in the micro and DONE) so I made an Indian tomato soup and a tilapia dish I love along with it. Pretty good spread!

@slittlemeister I am impressed with all the smileys!!!

For today:
    House chores :(
    30 minutes exercise :(
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups :( somehow got only one serving of carbs!
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅-somehow got less sleep last night even though I went to bed earlier! Gotta keep working at this

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Love to everyone💝

Hope you feel better soon! X

Good evening... I'm not sure what's going on with my body... I may be undernourished... Now that may sound crazy, but listen. I have to eat what I can get. Many times there are no veggies, or fruit. I have been faithful to this program since I started it.
    I've been hitting the exercises pretty hard for me. We're talking as far as real exercise goes.. I wasn't doing any. Only walking. Since I have been on here. I exercise until I sweat. I have actually become addicted to it I think.
    But like I said haven't been eating right, nor have I had an appetite.
    I feel good when I'm exercising... I'm satisfied and therefore, bye bye hunger.
    I completed 3,860 steps tonight and as soon as I began moving, that sick feeling I had began to go away.