JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Good morning JFT Peeps!!! Well, since I know I only did about 50% of my list yesterday, I'm going to write a new one today and not even update yesterday's. I get discouraged by the number of frowns I have to add. :smile:

Today I see the surgeon for preop appointment and will find out what exactly I'm having done next week. I am happy to be getting my hip fixed, but I'm bummed out also because I know how sedentary I will be and feel like it is the end of my summer. :( But you need an ending to get a new beginning, right? One chapter ends, another begins. I can't wait to be able to walk without limping and being in pain! I'm hoping I don't have to miss Art Street though. I look forward to it every single year. Not sure when it's being held, so I will have to look it up.

Hope you are all having a great day! I wasn't able to get caught up last night. I was exhausted. I really need a day off to just rest when coming home from a trip.

Just for Wednesday, 8/15
    • Journal every single bite.
    • HYDRATE
    • 15 minutes outside
    • Listen to podcasts / read success stories / meal plan / grocery list
    • Half Size Me - catch up on emails and join if not too late
    • 1 lb freggies
    • Work tasks - complete 3
    • Preop appointment with surgeon today
    • Follow up on Short Term Disability paperwork for upcoming surgery
    • Unplug one hour before bed / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / read chapter of mystery
    • Get up without hitting SNOOZE tomorrow

Have a beautiful brand new day!
    xoxo

Hopefully you still get to the Art Street, surgeries are scary and recovery usually sucks, but you feel so much better in the long run! I agree with needing another day off from a trip. When I travel to NB I always make sure I have a couple days at home to get rested before going back to work, the time difference alone makes me exhausted. Good luck today!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone💝✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋✋
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Good morning JFT Peeps!!! Well, since I know I only did about 50% of my list yesterday, I'm going to write a new one today and not even update yesterday's. I get discouraged by the number of frowns I have to add. :smile:

Today I see the surgeon for preop appointment and will find out what exactly I'm having done next week. I am happy to be getting my hip fixed, but I'm bummed out also because I know how sedentary I will be and feel like it is the end of my summer. :( But you need an ending to get a new beginning, right? One chapter ends, another begins. I can't wait to be able to walk without limping and being in pain! I'm hoping I don't have to miss Art Street though. I look forward to it every single year. Not sure when it's being held, so I will have to look it up.

Hope you are all having a great day! I wasn't able to get caught up last night. I was exhausted. I really need a day off to just rest when coming home from a trip.

Just for Wednesday, 8/15
    • Journal every single bite.
    • HYDRATE
    • 15 minutes outside
    • Listen to podcasts / read success stories / meal plan / grocery list
    • Half Size Me - catch up on emails and join if not too late
    • 1 lb freggies
    • Work tasks - complete 3
    • Preop appointment with surgeon today
    • Follow up on Short Term Disability paperwork for upcoming surgery
    • Unplug one hour before bed / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / read chapter of mystery
    • Get up without hitting SNOOZE tomorrow

Have a beautiful brand new day!
    xoxo

Best of luck at pre-op! I'll be thinking of you today!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT
    CLEAR CLUTTER
    DO LAUNDRY
    READ FOR HOUR
    DRINK 46 oz.
    Get in some quiet time on purpose.
    Do at least 1 thing that I like ..just for me
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Notes: I have to do what's best for me and my body
    No more coffee, drink hot tea instead.
    No more commercialized snacking ( Goodbye chips) Parting is not bitter..it's BETTER!
    EAT HEALTHIER. NO MORE gravy, back off "soul food".
    And learn that "NO" is ok.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    CLEAR CLUTTER
    DO LAUNDRY
    READ FOR HOUR
    DRINK 46 oz.
    Get in some quiet time on purpose.
    Do at least 1 thing that I like ..just for me
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Notes: I have to do what's best for me and my body
    No more coffee, drink hot tea instead.
    No more commercialized snacking ( Goodbye chips) Parting is not bitter..it's BETTER!
    EAT HEALTHIER. NO MORE gravy, back off "soul food".
    And learn that "NO" is ok.

MARY!!! You're post is speaking to me this morning! I LOVE my comfort foods. And my love language tends to be FOOD. I also have a hard time saying NO. You got this! I got this! WE GOT THIS!!! Have a great day :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That is a really crappy position your VP put you in! It's very deceptive! I would have a very difficult time with the situation too. But just remember it isn't your fault. You are doing what you were hired to do, plus some! When do you plan to make your switch to the new company your friend is starting up?
  • Snowflake1968
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 That is a really crappy position your VP put you in! It's very deceptive! I would have a very difficult time with the situation too. But just remember it isn't your fault. You are doing what you were hired to do, plus some! When do you plan to make your switch to the new company your friend is starting up?

Thanks, I had a bad vibe about this position when I accepted it. I took it because I had been out of work for going on 4 months and I needed money. I won't regret it and I'm grateful to have had it, but I would gladly give my notice today if I could. I feel that physical security guards (which is this business) are all being replaced with cameras and technology. Unless there is a huge loss it is just cheaper for businesses. I really should have ran the other direction when the thing the owner and VP were most worried about when I started was that I didn't kill a cactus here in the office. LOL

She is hoping to have the funding in place to hire me on as a salary position no later than October 1st. She was hoping for September 1st, but it doesn't look like that will be a go. I have signed the Shareholder agreement though already! She has received her incorporation, and has been doing some networking and meeting with banks. I have a lot more faith in her and this brand new business than I do in what I'm doing now.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap T 8/14 ~ voted in primary before work ~ one less thing to do :)
    1) Walked dog before work / 3/49 mi 1:01 & wish MapMyWalk would behave ~ at least it tracks my route properly / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged + wiggle room / net calories green / no snacking before supper after work / > 12c water = Net calories green ~ I added weeding to "exercise" since I was out so long & so sweaty (very humid) that I had a frozen strawberry bar when I got in the house. :D Sodium -165, sugar -20, fiber good, protein low :neutral: 14c water :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work= Fitbit 15,663 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 37 floors :smiley:
    4) Evening: finish clearing coffee table :neutral: very little time + maybe 1-2 more to-do's = decided to finally deadhead all the roses and cut back plants :smiley: , then got caught up meeting brand new next door neighbors & chatting with other neighbor & getting their dog out of our garage, then meeting head of our neighborhood association on his evening walk :smiley: / reviewed all recipes for Sat. and made shopping list for last grocery trip before weekend :smiley: / cleared DVR some (yay) :smiley:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:(walk dog W before work)

JFT W 8/15 ~ decided to take rest day since walked dog 5 days straight in humid weather for 17.8 miles total
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories w/i 100 green / plenty of water
    3) Get stuff done in evening!
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog R before work)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30pm (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9 :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8p.m. & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & garden work :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I totally forgot about the power muffins! Isn't that a mix someone had posted on here a while back? Can you remind me how to make those or what mix to get? I can't believe all the walking you do in this hot humid weather! You go girl!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I totally forgot about the power muffins! Isn't that a mix someone had posted on here a while back? Can you remind me how to make those or what mix to get? I can't believe all the walking you do in this hot humid weather! You go girl!

Thanks, but I am getting sick of getting up early even on weekends to beat the heat & humidity! From @MLHC1 Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix ~ hubby and I love the Dark Chocolate. Recipe for power muffins is on the box, and so easy to make. I have purchased mix at Target and Woodman's, not sure about other stores.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    😐 Just tried to feed Casey porridge and she screamed the house down! Never had a baby reject food before. I'm wondering if she was already too hungry. I'll try again later with that!

Still tired! Feel like I'm in a forever state of tiredness lol!

Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Go to the library with the girls.

Was this her first food?

No she's been having shop bought purees and meals and stuff, but it can be costly so I've done some things myself like mashed banana, mashed avocado etc. But I remembered with my girls I gave them porridge (well Ready Brek) so it's really really smooth but she was having non of it.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to post in the mornings so I can accurately record my august challenge.... but morning are harder for me to find the time. So I may still post my goals in the evenings, and just update the challenge in the mornings. But wow .... I had to go back 5 pages just to find my post!!

I am doing better, but realize I have to stay off the scale. I have to keep reminding myself that these are only numbers.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food :) Only had ONE piece of pizza at Pizza hut, and had the salad bar first! Thanks for the reminder @Bex to look up calories before eating!!
    2. work some more in the yard :/ Too much work-stuff to do.
    3. shipping, so have to help hubby :)
    4. go to the gym :)
    5. write emails to 3 friends :)
    6. call my son :/ Tried to call him .... but no answer :'(

JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym
    2. concentrate on april challenge = 8+ cups water
    3. mindful eating .... look up calories before I eat, and plan
    4. plan ahead snacks for today and dinner tonite (Italian chix for dinner, yogurt and fruit for lunch).
    5. only 1 snack tonite

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
    12. I ate FOUR brownies ! . >:)
    13.. One fiber one brownie... kitchen closed :)
    14. One fiber one brownie .... kitchen closed :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    😐 Just tried to feed Casey porridge and she screamed the house down! Never had a baby reject food before. I'm wondering if she was already too hungry. I'll try again later with that!

Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise

Was this her first food?

No she's been having shop bought purees and meals and stuff, but it can be costly so I've done some things myself like mashed banana, mashed avocado etc. But I remembered with my girls I gave them porridge (well Ready Brek) so it's really really smooth but she was having non of it.

It's funny how you can't do the same with each child isn't it? Just shows their have their own little personalities, likes and dislikes at a very young age!
  • Bex953172
    Options

Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise

Was this her first food?

It's funny how you can't do the same with each child isn't it? Just shows their have their own little personalities, likes and dislikes at a very young age!

Haha I know, I've been extremely blessed that I get them to sleep through the night at an early age! And so far not-so-fussy eaters. I just hope I can win Casey round lol!
  • lovelylentilsk
    lovelylentilsk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a great thread folks! Your idea of accountability and support is really motivating. I am familiar with the JFT/ODAAT sayings from a different group and I had thought about applying some of these principles here too. I’ll be back tomorrow to get started properly!
    I am just at the beginning of my weight loss journey. (Presently I am 11st and aiming for 8 1/2 st. I am 33 years old and 5’3”). See you tomorrow 😊
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What a great thread folks! Your idea of accountability and support is really motivating. I am familiar with the JFT/ODAAT sayings from a different group and I had thought about applying some of these principles here too. I’ll be back tomorrow to get started properly!
    I am just at the beginning of my weight loss journey. (Presently I am 11st and aiming for 8 1/2 st. I am 33 years old and 5’3”). See you tomorrow 😊

Hey and welcome!
    Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
    Where do you live?
  • lovelylentilsk
    lovelylentilsk Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hey and welcome!
    Where do you live?

Glasgow. Presently it is damp and dreary and grey although all the trees and flowers are very grateful.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

Hey and welcome!
    Where do you live?

Glasgow. Presently it is damp and dreary and grey although all the trees and flowers are very grateful.

WELCOME! I have roots in Scotland! I always love meeting people from that area! I'm glad you're here! We are from all over the world!