JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Lol turns out I can get hungry in 45 mins haha
    Had a small bowl of the curry.

Think I'm done for the day so as far as my goals go...
    Tuesday Recap
    - 8 glasses of water ❎ currently at 5, don't think I'll get 8 in.
    - Be in the green✔️ only just
    - Exercise❎ god no, no energy at all, not enough sleep
    - Tidy up ✔️ yep.. But it's a mess again (hurray for kids..)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A better day today for me too.

Recap Tuesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ✅ didn’t pre-log all meals (July) but did most
    - shopping (printer ink and jeans) ✅
    - post/paperwork/house tidy ✅ massive kitchen clear out but not paperwork
    - maybe hot yoga ❎ clear out took too long
    - Spend evening working out a term time fitness routine ✅
    - Early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - Finish paperwork
    - Hot yoga
    - Dinner with boyfriend (planned and prepped)
    - Get to sleep at a sensible hour 🤞🏼(he is a night owl!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Turns out I'll just about manage.
    I've decided to skip dinner.

Basically got up this morning had coffee and a piece of toast. Then ate nothing all day until like 5.30pm where I had half a sandwich and half a pizza. I thought half a pizza would be around 500 calories. I knew it would be high. But then I check the box and it was more like 800!!
    So won't be having that pizza ever again hahaha.
    Anyway, that left me with 8 calories LOL, but then I added my cleaning from this morning and I'm 200 in the green.
    I've made a curry for dinner but in all honesty im jut not hungry. At all.
    So I'm just catching up on my water now. And I have 200 cals to play with for a snack. I'm closing the kitchen tonight at 11. Because otherwise it will shut in 45 mins and I'm not gonna get hungry in the next hour.

I'm reading this as hubby wants to go to Pizza Hut tonite!! Guess I better look up the calories ahead of time .... but I ate very lightly today, and went to the gym, so I should be OK.

so great job Bex, and thanks for the reminder to look up calories first! !!!!!!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My fingers are crossed for something great☺
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Relating to so many of you right now! @PackerFanInGB I am on the same page as you! Important to look at the bigger picture. @Bex953172 I got crummy sleep last night as well, and am trying to be kind to myself and just look ahead to what I can do from here. *hugs* to you my friend, one day at a time.

For tomorrow:
    House chores :(
    30 minutes exercise (depending on where my energy/strength levels are at) :( still recouping
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅ got 5 hours very poor sleep. Heading to bed early!

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise (depending on where my energy/strength levels are at)
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Duolingo & French book :smile:
    - Finish work at 7.30pm :smile:
    - Go for run :smile: Was particularly pleased with this one because really didn't feel like going and was so hungry stomach hurt. But dragged myself (and grumpy boyfriend) out anyway
    - Do washing :smile:
    - Book hotel for boyfriend bday weekend :smile:
    - Lights out by 10.45 :/ 11pm, and I'd packed a little bit too much into my evening so it took quite some time to get to sleep. Need to relax 1h before bed I think

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3 bottles water

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Duolingo
    - Finish work at 6.30pm
    - Train home at 9.45pm
    - Pack stuff for morning run
  • Bex953172
    Options
    😐 Just tried to feed Casey porridge and she screamed the house down! Never had a baby reject food before. I'm wondering if she was already too hungry. I'll try again later with that!

Still tired! Feel like I'm in a forever state of tiredness lol!

Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Go to the library with the girls.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

1. Stay under calories😑
    2. Work 815-515😁
    3. Dinner/dishes😀/🤣
    4. DH time😁
    5. Bed by 11😑1130ish I think.
    1. Call dealership about oil change!!!!!!😀
    2. Do ALL of the dishes🤣 About half probably
    3. Cut up lettuce/cucumber😅

As you can see I didn't get much done last night... The DH and I ended up taking a nap and sleeping until 11! That's not a problem for me. I was up for about another half an hour then took my meds and feel back to sleep right away. Slept through the night too. I really need to get a handle on this napping at night thing. It eats up my entire evening. I get so much less done then I want! I need to go to bed earlier rather then napping I think and see how that works.

About to start getting ready for work. Thank God it's already Wednesday! I can't wait for this weekend! The DH and I have the whole weekend off together! We're super excited.

Okay, so onto my list!

JFT, 8-15-18

1. Log/prelog all food
    2. Make lunches
    3. Work 815-515
    4. Dinner/ ALL THE DISHES!!!
    5. Cut up lettuce/cucumbers
    6. Divy up snacks
    7. Shower/teeth/face by 930
    8. Tech off by 10
    9. Lights out by 11

I hope everyone had a great day!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Tuesday! Got thru Monday all right but I am sleeping more than usual. For this day, hold line on calories with care for sodium. 1 if not 2 Y swim classes, and see if friend wants son to go to her Bible School. Also take pills. I have first 2 in but need 25 mins for the next many. I should use push mower but that is doubtful. Oh, call about doctor referral for appt! Okay, I looked up and now I see it is Wednesday. I would like to just laugh but I have more and more 'senior moments' -- still the same things to do regardless of the day. Add in work tonight at the Family History Center. Any of you like family trees?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Tuesday! Got thru Monday all right but I am sleeping more than usual. For this day, hold line on calories with care for sodium. 1 if not 2 Y swim classes, and see if friend wants son to go to her Bible School. Also take pills. I have first 2 in but need 25 mins for the next many. I should use push mower but that is doubtful. Oh, call about doctor referral for appt! Okay, I looked up and now I see it is Wednesday. I would like to just laugh but I have more and more 'senior moments' -- still the same things to do regardless of the day. Add in work tonight at the Family History Center. Any of you like family trees?
    I do like family trees, my nana has lots and lots of documents for ours but when she passed away I'm not sure who they went to, it will be one of aunties and uncles I reckon. But I don't feel like asking them to look because my nana found most of it out! So she knows all the little stories about the people she's found.
    Although now you've mentioned it I may just go look anyway :)
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Today is date day with my husband. So my goal is to not eat and drink my days calories in one sitting . Also prior to the date get in a good work out just in case!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM tempo run: 12 laps; aim for 20 minutes. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: SONIC! Revise Week 3 lessons. Review semester plan. Compare assessment list to standards.
    3. Print summer essays and have students revise Works Cited. Contact office and set up absences.
    4. Email parents. Email - no AWiT. Update class websites. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. 5:30 Zumba. Write blog post. Write L8 post.
    6. Prep Wed lunch. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM easy run: 15 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Compare assessment list to standards. Draft Week 4 lessons. Make coffee.
    3. Contact office and set up absences. Turn in donation form.Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post.
    4. Email parents. Email - no AWiT. Update class websites. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. 4:30 strength class. Write L8 post.
    6. Prep Thu lunch - Saag? Chop more celery. BRING SOME ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER TO SCHOOL. I USED UP THE LAST OF IT AND MY COFFEE WAS STILL BITTER. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week.
    3. Review semester plan. Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Make sure sub is settled. Fill out paper and let office know it needs to be in system. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning JFT Peeps!!! Well, since I know I only did about 50% of my list yesterday, I'm going to write a new one today and not even update yesterday's. I get discouraged by the number of frowns I have to add. :smile:

Today I see the surgeon for preop appointment and will find out what exactly I'm having done next week. I am happy to be getting my hip fixed, but I'm bummed out also because I know how sedentary I will be and feel like it is the end of my summer. :( But you need an ending to get a new beginning, right? One chapter ends, another begins. I can't wait to be able to walk without limping and being in pain! I'm hoping I don't have to miss Art Street though. I look forward to it every single year. Not sure when it's being held, so I will have to look it up.

Hope you are all having a great day! I wasn't able to get caught up last night. I was exhausted. I really need a day off to just rest when coming home from a trip.

Just for Wednesday, 8/15
    • Journal every single bite.
    • HYDRATE
    • 15 minutes outside
    • Listen to podcasts / read success stories / meal plan / grocery list
    • Half Size Me - catch up on emails and join if not too late
    • 1 lb freggies
    • Work tasks - complete 3
    • Preop appointment with surgeon today
    • Follow up on Short Term Disability paperwork for upcoming surgery
    • Unplug one hour before bed / Gratitude journal / inspirational reading / read chapter of mystery
    • Get up without hitting SNOOZE tomorrow

Have a beautiful brand new day!
    xoxo
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @AJB1014 congrats on your new home! I hope you will be very happy there.

Hugs to those that had a bust yesterday - me too!

@snowflake1968 I am actually now a little underweight. I’ve been pushing so hard in maintenance to keep things going because it’s like I don’t actually believe I can do it! But the stats on regain for people who lose a lot of weight are not encouraging so I guess it’s right to be vigilant?? Losing weight is hard, but achieving balance in maintenance sometimes feels even harder. I wish I could relax a little more sometimes. X

It's such a balancing act this body of ours. I wish you luck. I personally feel that I will need to track, log and weigh forever to keep myself in check. I'll see when I get there I guess, I am taking this loss much slower than my previous two in the hopes that helps make some more permanent changes in my habits.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Work has been pretty slow today. Only a handful of customers and not that much paperwork for me to do. I got my 90 day review…about 90 days late! Lol. It wasn’t terrible. I was just below average. But with everything that I went through dealing with LK it’s not really surprising that my work wasn’t as good as it should have been. LM said that she already noticed a marked improvement in my work and attitude since LK left. There were some definite areas of improvement but there are also some things that I do really well. So I’m pretty sure that my job isn’t in jeopardy. Lol!

The last few days my stomach hasn’t been doing all that well and I’ve been sleeping a lot which is either the precursor to my time of the month or something much more exciting. I’m not going to hold my breath though. This has happened several times before and has come to nothing. So I guess we’ll see in a few days.

This made me laugh, my last job had very strict policies on reviews and employee satisfaction. It apparently went to the employees in the field only because I was a manager that wasn't given 2 reviews in 7 years. The first one at the 3 year mark after I begged for it! I think reviews are important so an employee knows how they are doing, where they need to improve and should give them an opportunity to speak to a manager about how they feel within the organization.

Also and more importantly - I'll pray it's something more exciting for you!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    😐 Just tried to feed Casey porridge and she screamed the house down! Never had a baby reject food before. I'm wondering if she was already too hungry. I'll try again later with that!

Still tired! Feel like I'm in a forever state of tiredness lol!

Goals for Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Go to the library with the girls.

Was this her first food?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

I wrote a family history book with my cousin on my Dad's side. I am hoping to start working on a genealogy scrapbook for my daughters with 4 branches of their trees. I have all information for my side of the family all sides, need to start working on their Father's. I find it fascinating!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

I love family trees! What do you do at the Center? I find ancestry so interesting!

I used familysearch.com (its a free resource!) to do my family tree last year for a family reunion. I got back to about 1800 but Ireland records seem to be kept my the churches so not as well digitally documented as some other places. My DH ancestry goes back to Newfoundland and I was able to get to about 1700 for him. Very cool stuff that I hope to carry on!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I do like family trees, my nana has lots and lots of documents for ours but when she passed away I'm not sure who they went to, it will be one of aunties and uncles I reckon. But I don't feel like asking them to look because my nana found most of it out! So she knows all the little stories about the people she's found.
    Although now you've mentioned it I may just go look anyway :)

Very cool! Think of how cool that would be to pass down to your girls too!