2»

Replies

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    You are full on an apple or grapes???
  • hopeedanielle
    hopeedanielle Posts: 25 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm having this problem too--I am used to eating a small amount of food in volume but high calorie (i.e. crap) and trying to eat the right amount of calories with veggies, lean protein, brown rice etc is just not happening. I felt ill trying to force down the grapes in my lunch (I gave up.) I feel overwhelmed finding "good" fats to make up the difference as it seems no one agrees with what those are. I don't want to under eat calorie-wise and end up crashing and giving up like I have literally every other time in my life. I also have high HDL so i don't want to overload on fat.

Oh my gosh I related to this so much. It didn't help everyone on here was so rude and didn't offer any real advice other than suggesting I have an ED or saying I'm unhealthy. Anyways I now hit my calorie goal by adding some oils here and there like olive oil when I'm grilling chicken or in my salad. Also adding a slice of cheese on my sandwich. Also will add some yogurt with my fruit. I personally don't like avocados but you can add them in your salad. What I've learned the most is that people will say everything is unhealthy in some sort of way, I've seen sites saying eating too much spinach is bad for you. Smh. It can be easy to overthink your diet and sometimes I do but the mindset I have now is just to have things in moderation. Don't think you have to eat completely clean like all these celebs do by cutting out gluten and dairy and basically everything lol. You'll be healthy and lose weight with all those things trust me. a little bit of fats doesn't hurt anyone, and fats, unless consumed in excess, don't turn into fats. Good luck on your weight loss!

Eating 600 calories a day IS unhealthy. Period. No need to take that as an insult - it's factual, not rude. In fact, it would be considered a Very Low Calorie Diet, which is against the Community Guidelines to advocate.

Also, lots of people did offer suggestions about calorie dense foods so I'm surprised your takeaway was "everyone on here was so rude and didn't offer any real advice".

Glad you are now meeting your calorie goal.

I didn't mean everyone everyone I meant the people saying I have ED and acting like as if they're doctors. I have been getting messages and responses saying that people also deal with this. I enjoyed all the comments that WERE ACTUALLY HELPFUL suggesting foods and helping me but the ones who commented just to be negative wasn't appropriate. Where in my statement did I say "please eat only a little bit of calories and you'll lose weight like me."? I was literally asking how I can get more calories because I was worried and people wanted to start being rude to me lmao. I'm not going to sugar coat it some of you guys were rude, I shouldn't have said everyone I understand that, I should've said the majority.
  • hopeedanielle
    I have this problem occasionally, especially on days i'm running around, and don't get a chance to eat. I get home, have dinner, and still have lots of calories left, but can't conceive eating another 1000 calories. But as most of the others have recommended, nuts are the way to go... heck, at 180 calories per tbsn, a couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter can put you up there real fast! You are asking for help getting there, so it doesn't seem like you are TRYING to starve yourself, but as someone who has been that route, i can attest to the fact that its not a sustainable way to live in the long run. The pounds come off fast, but they come back faster.

Thank you for the helpful comment, a lot of people are getting mad at me in the comments for whatever reason so it's nice to see someone who had the same struggle as me. I'll have to incorporate some sort of nut butters, thanks again!
  • hopeedanielle
    I'm having this problem too--I am used to eating a small amount of food in volume but high calorie (i.e. crap) and trying to eat the right amount of calories with veggies, lean protein, brown rice etc is just not happening. I felt ill trying to force down the grapes in my lunch (I gave up.) I feel overwhelmed finding "good" fats to make up the difference as it seems no one agrees with what those are. I don't want to under eat calorie-wise and end up crashing and giving up like I have literally every other time in my life. I also have high HDL so i don't want to overload on fat.

Oh my gosh I related to this so much. It didn't help everyone on here was so rude and didn't offer any real advice other than suggesting I have an ED or saying I'm unhealthy. Anyways I now hit my calorie goal by adding some oils here and there like olive oil when I'm grilling chicken or in my salad. Also adding a slice of cheese on my sandwich. Also will add some yogurt with my fruit. I personally don't like avocados but you can add them in your salad. What I've learned the most is that people will say everything is unhealthy in some sort of way, I've seen sites saying eating too much spinach is bad for you. Smh. It can be easy to overthink your diet and sometimes I do but the mindset I have now is just to have things in moderation. Don't think you have to eat completely clean like all these celebs do by cutting out gluten and dairy and basically everything lol. You'll be healthy and lose weight with all those things trust me. a little bit of fats doesn't hurt anyone, and fats, unless consumed in excess, don't turn into fats. Good luck on your weight loss!

Please be careful saying things like the bolded. My post here may have been short, but I don't see where I was rude to you. In contrast, saying that everyone else in the thread was rude *is* insulting. We've lost a lot of good posters who got tired of responses like this from the people they were trying to help.

I'm copying and pasting this so I don't waste my time with negative comments like this. I" didn't mean everyone everyone I meant the people saying I have ED and acting like as if they're doctors. I have been getting messages and responses saying that people also deal with this. I enjoyed all the comments that WERE ACTUALLY HELPFUL suggesting foods and helping me but the ones who commented just to be negative wasn't appropriate. Where in my statement did I say "please eat only a little bit of calories and you'll lose weight like me."? I was literally asking how I can get more calories because I was worried and people wanted to start being rude to me lmao. I'm not going to sugar coat it some of you guys were rude, I shouldn't have said everyone I understand that, I should've said the majority."
  • hopeedanielle
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    You are full on an apple or grapes???

Depending on the day, yeah. If I had a full on day like working out or Disneyland I might have a bigger appetite, or if I'm busy sometimes I'd miss meals. It depends.