• LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're doing good friend
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    jlscherme wrote: »
    Thank you @MellowGa for posting your story, as well as everyone else. I was dx on Jan 2nd with invasive breast cancer. I'm to have surgery in two weeks, and then find out the staging. Currently waiting to hear back from the surgeon my MRI results to see if it'll be a lumpectomy or mastectomy.

Waiting is the hardest part.

My thoughts right now are that the tumor is a foreign body and I want it out of me, rather than that I am losing a part of my body.

I read something that has stuck with me: Its not what happens to you, it's how you handle what is happening.

there are several ladies on here that have fought breast cancer, I am sure they would be willing to give you advice and help out, as no one should walk alone on this journey.

after the initial shock and going through all the tests, I've been able to get things under control. do what you feel is best, its a difficult journey and I do not wish it on anyone, but here we are. So let's beat it together
  • babybuddha06
    babybuddha06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It sounds like you have half the battle won with your outlook. Keep a hold of that throughout your journey....it will serve you well.

I haven’t personally been diagnosed with cancer, however, my mom was 4.5 years ago. She had Merkel Cell Carcinoma, a rare form of skin cancer. She is alive and well with a clean bill of health thanks to her doctor and his team. If there is anything you need or just want to talk, I am here. Good luck with your journey.