Weight Loss Show recommendations?

Options
I love watching Secret Eaters (YouTube) and 600 lb. Life (Hulu). Since I think I've seen almost every episode of both, does anyone have any recommendations for other shows that focus on weight loss stories? It would be especially helpful if recommended shows are available for streaming!

Thanks!

Replies

• littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Theres a cool show i think its called skinny vs fat its about super skinny kids who dont eat and obese kids who eat too much. They help both get healthy.
  • RandomName25
    RandomName25 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out.
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's on YouTube, but here in Canada we had a show called X-Weighted that aired about 10 years ago. It truly is a reality show...if you watch it you will see what I mean....typically Canadian, not overproduced or scripted. It follows one average person's weight loss journey over a 6-month period where they are doing it on their own....it's not a Biggest Loser type thing.

The predecessor to that show was called "Taking It Off", which again followed a group of average folks, who had to lose differing amounts of weight, and their struggles and successes over a 6-month period. Also typically Canadian, realistic and unscripted.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on Secret Eaters. I must say watching My 600 lb. Life certainly has had the effect of scaring me straight, mostly because I can see myself going there. You come face to face with how scary it is to be addicted (for lack of better word) to food, because most of these folks are facing death yet still can't change their lives.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Supersize v Superskinny is a fun one on YouTube, Fat Families too. There's another short series (I think 3-4 episodes) presented by the woman who does Secret Eaters where she tried all the horrible diets like "the apple diet" and stuff, that was entertaining.
  • RandomName25
    Options
    karenmi wrote: »
    I don't know if it's on YouTube, but here in Canada we had a show called X-Weighted that aired about 10 years ago. It truly is a reality show...if you watch it you will see what I mean....typically Canadian, not overproduced or scripted. It follows one average person's weight loss journey over a 6-month period where they are doing it on their own....it's not a Biggest Loser type thing.

The predecessor to that show was called "Taking It Off", which again followed a group of average folks, who had to lose differing amounts of weight, and their struggles and successes over a 6-month period. Also typically Canadian, realistic and unscripted.

Thanks! Ill see if I can find it.
  • RandomName25
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip on Secret Eaters. I must say watching My 600 lb. Life certainly has had the effect of scaring me straight, mostly because I can see myself going there. You come face to face with how scary it is to be addicted (for lack of better word) to food, because most of these folks are facing death yet still can't change their lives.

Yeah, that's exactly why I enjoy watching it.
  • RandomName25
    Options
    Supersize v Superskinny is a fun one on YouTube, Fat Families too. There's another short series (I think 3-4 episodes) presented by the woman who does Secret Eaters where she tried all the horrible diets like "the apple diet" and stuff, that was entertaining.

Thanks! I'll check it out:)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    If you like something a bit different checkout Supersizers go.... they test out different diets from different time periods, like Roman or Elizabethan. It's really interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzUrtJAZcc
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I love the Supersizers shows! I've watched them all a couple of times. Still not sure why it's called that though.
  • hannamarie0098
    hannamarie0098 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really liked obese-a year to save my life. Chris Powell takes individuals and helps them transform themselves. Some beautifully moving stories. Jessie Pavelka also does a uk based one
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just want to say I love all these shows. I wish there were more shows about being healthy and getting your life together.
  • SusanMcMc
    SusanMcMc Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Not a reality show but I think This Is Us has one of the most accurate portrayals of the struggles of weight loss, it’s effect on daily life and relationships, and emotional eating that I’ve ever seen.
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I LOVE Supersize VS Superskinny.