Mom of 3 w/ 50+ pounds to lose.

Options
Naturally_sassy0219
Naturally_sassy0219 Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2018 in Getting Started
Hi everyone! My name is April and I live in SouthEast Texas. I’m happily married with three little ones. I won’t even bore you with the new year new me crap! I’m tired of being (PHAT) as a matter of fact my motto for 2018 is eff being fat. I’m a stay at home mom currently working on getting my lifestyle/beauty blog off the ground while navigating being a mom/wife. I’m 29 and I would love to feel great physically by my 30th Birthday in May. Hubby and I will be starting P90x3 this upcoming week preparing him for the fire department and helping me shed these pounds. If you can relate feel free to send me a request! Also feel free to add me on FitBit https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MW4WP . Good luck everyone

I’m 5”4
I used to be 250
Currently 205
Goal 160
Ultimate goal 145
Age 29

Replies

• Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Bump! I don’t bite
  • klemburg11
    klemburg11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl! I am wanting to lose some weight before my 30th birthday in April. I'm starting 21day fix tonight!
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    klemburg11 wrote: »
    You can do it girl! I am wanting to lose some weight before my 30th birthday in April. I'm starting 21day fix tonight!

Ive heard great things about 21 day fix! Get it girl.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, my wife is very similar to you. We have 3 kids, she's 34 similar height and weight and we're trying to get back in shape and lose some weight to. It's hard work, especially to get motivated some days. She's not much for chatting or sharing on here, but I wanted to say we can relate and Good Luck!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 here as well. I have 50+ lbs to lose. So far i am just logging my calories. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and chronic pain issues. Which makes it difficult to exercise. But I'm going to get at it this week! Happy to stay in touch.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you ! Mom of 3, I work in finance, and I have lost 25 lbs since october 24th - my initial goal weight is 169, as I am 5 ft 10, so I'm with you, about 50 lbs to go!
    I do jazzercise most days a week for my exercise.
  • fitanastasia1
    fitanastasia1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three as well. I'm a (future?) student nurse, a doula, and my goal is to one day be a midwife.

I ultimately want to loose 90 lbs. I'm 5'3" and 240. I want to be 150 when all is said and done. I'm honestly sick of looking the way I do.

I'm making serious changes to my family's diet, trying to increase the nutrition to calorie ratio like how Alton Brown discusses. I'm not following his routine exactly, but just making better food choices all around. My workout routine is from Fitness Blender's FB FIT program. (I'm a HUGE Fitness Blender fan. :p ) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of three as well. I'm a (future?) student nurse, a doula, and my goal is to one day be a midwife.

I ultimately want to loose 90 lbs. I'm 5'3" and 240. I want to be 150 when all is said and done. I'm honestly sick of looking the way I do.

I'm making serious changes to my family's diet, trying to increase the nutrition to calorie ratio like how Alton Brown discusses. I'm not following his routine exactly, but just making better food choices all around. My workout routine is from Fitness Blender's FB FIT program. (I'm a HUGE Fitness Blender fan. :p ) Feel free to add me as a friend.

We did a bunch of FB's workouts this time last year and I lost 15 lbs, but life got busy and I made bad choices and put it all back on. I've since gotten into Kettlebelling which I love, but still check out FB's workouts sometimes. Some of their food advice is questionable at times, but for the most part I like what they're doing
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amanda, 32, 5"7 aiming for a 110lb weight loss (started at 278 in November, at 246 this week). So still have 80lbs to go! Long journey for me, focusing on each day making the best decisions I can, and working out every day in some way.

We can do this!
  • finallyfitmommel
    finallyfitmommel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh girl. I'm adding you. I have your exact stats and goals and I'm also 29 and turning 30 in May. Lets do this!
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    Hi, my wife is very similar to you. We have 3 kids, she's 34 similar height and weight and we're trying to get back in shape and lose some weight to. It's hard work, especially to get motivated some days. She's not much for chatting or sharing on here, but I wanted to say we can relate and Good Luck!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. My husband and I were just talking about how much easier it is to commit to a better lifestyle when your spouse is on board. Good luck to the both of you!
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    I'll friend you ! Mom of 3, I work in finance, and I have lost 25 lbs since october 24th - my initial goal weight is 169, as I am 5 ft 10, so I'm with you, about 50 lbs to go!
    I do jazzercise most days a week for my exercise.

That sounds so fun!
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    woozle7493 wrote: »
    Mom of 3 here as well. I have 50+ lbs to lose. So far i am just logging my calories. I have Rheumatoid arthritis and chronic pain issues. Which makes it difficult to exercise. But I'm going to get at it this week! Happy to stay in touch.

Good luck on your journey! I know this cold weather isn’t making it any better on your joints.
  • Naturally_sassy0219
    Options
    dembkogirl wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Amanda, 32, 5"7 aiming for a 110lb weight loss (started at 278 in November, at 246 this week). So still have 80lbs to go! Long journey for me, focusing on each day making the best decisions I can, and working out every day in some way.

We can do this!

Wow Amanda you have already accomplished so much! What have you done so far? I’m so ready to start working out next week. I need the energy so bad.

• Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me. Im 32 with 3 children, my youngest just turned 1 last month. Im done having children so it is definitely time to get myself down to a healthy weight. I have right around 60-65 lbs to lose to get to 135-140ish i am 5'6
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I sent a Fitbit friend request. I'm a mom of 2 and I started with similar stats.

My thread in success stories:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1

Short Explanation:
    Height: 5'4.5"
    SW: 260 lbs in 2012
    Sept 2013: 170 lbs, find out pregnant with 2nd
    April 2016: 120 lbs
    Spring 2016 - Summer 2017: Gained 10 lbs
    Fall 2017: Gained 12 lbs in 3 months (me and Trinessa birth control pills didn't get along... I overate, but my hunger was unusually high)

Current low weight: 139.8 lbs
    Current trend weight: 141.2 lbs
  • kalaroza1
    kalaroza1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom. And we have the same stats almost. I'm 5'4, currently 188. Goal weight 145. Good luck hun! You got this!
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Another mum of 3 here. I'm 33 5'1 starting at 154 wanting to get down to 115.
  • sheenamacneil
    sheenamacneil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3 too! I’d love to make friends on adventure to learning to balance them and working out.
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. Dad of 2. Struggling with weight and exercise for years. I try to do my best at logging meals and exercise regularly, and sending words of encouragement and nudges when folks need them to try and keep myself and you accountable. That's the best we can all do I think. I am coming off a major heart surgery 2 years ago, I'm 48 now, and have a big mental block toward exercising hard. I walk regularly but it's not enough. I'm also a salty/crunchy addict, so I really need to transform my diet. I am looking for support too, so for others reading this also, please feel free to add me. The fact that you are in here reading means you are like and want to improve.