I confess...

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm watching a show about Tonya Harding and while her interview and stories sound so shocking it's nothing I haven't seen first hand or heard of happening. What a *kitten* up world
  • Fit4Anarchy
    Fit4Anarchy Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I confess I am watching through the show Dexter for the 4th time!! :p
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I confess I'm watching a show about Tonya Harding and while her interview and stories sound so shocking it's nothing I haven't seen first hand or heard of happening. What a *kitten* up world

i only saw the movie, didnt know about the show. It seemed unfair to me that the judges cared so much about appearances and wouldnt give her the points she deserved, but what do i know. Also, i am really getting into dark comedies now days.

Thst was my era of competing judging was messed up. It still is but back then it was so blatant. But her tragic story I've seen it all. Parents abandoning their kids at the rink, coaches becoming surrogate parents, abuse of every kind. But it's covered up and made out to be the pretty sport
  • AliNouveau
    Options

i only saw the movie, didnt know about the show. It seemed unfair to me that the judges cared so much about appearances and wouldnt give her the points she deserved, but what do i know. Also, i am really getting into dark comedies now days.

Thst was my era of competing judging was messed up. It still is but back then it was so blatant. But her tragic story I've seen it all. Parents abandoning their kids at the rink, coaches becoming surrogate parents, abuse of every kind. But it's covered up and made out to be the pretty sport

oh yes, i wanted to punch the wall everytime her mom came on screen. And i guess most sports today have an ugly side to them...its tragic.

haha the mom didn't bother me much I've known similar. With anything when you get a chance at fame and fortune things get messed up. the key takeaway is if you're a parent always be involved just enough that you keep control. Once you give that up that's when it goes all to pot. And no one does anything for fear of being blacklisted
  • AliNouveau
    Options

oh yes, i wanted to punch the wall everytime her mom came on screen. And i guess most sports today have an ugly side to them...its tragic.

haha the mom didn't bother me much I've known similar. With anything when you get a chance at fame and fortune things get messed up. the key takeaway is if you're a parent always be involved just enough that you keep control. Once you give that up that's when it goes all to pot. And no one does anything for fear of being blacklisted

also dont project your negativity and miserable attitude onto your kids. Constructive criticism can turn into shaming just like that

Oh ya for sure. Lots of coaches are as bad as the parents cause it's what they learned. I quit coaching partly cause I couldn't stand the way the other coaches treated the kids I had to step in once and tell a coach to lay off a child.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

also dont project your negativity and miserable attitude onto your kids. Constructive criticism can turn into shaming just like that

Well said Sam .. relevant to all sports
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    I confess that i like ice cream. coffee ice cream to be specific
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    There's not much better than skating on a beautiful clean piece of ice in the sun and fresh air.
  • spec00deliv
    spec00deliv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I confess that I partied too much last night!!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I confess the media has me fearful catching the deadly flu...
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »

Don't you think it's a lot of hype?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I confess that I partied too much last night!!

Naughty
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    IC about to eat a stramboli :#:p
  • ekim2016
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »

Don't you think it's a lot of hype?

I sure hope so but those stories of people dying and all.. I know all I can do is keep washing my hands and never touch my face!! Of course I got the 10% flue shot in October so hopefully I won't get horribly sick..
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I remember years ago when SARS was the deadly illness people were convinced they'd die and ya some did but lots didn't
  • ekim2016
    Options
    True but then there was the huge pandemic influenza of like 1915 era where millions did die off...