Losing fat

Options
So I’m New here and I really need to know, how do you lose the actual fat on your body really quickly? Like what exercises are best to get that thigh gap? And that perfect collarbone and thin arms and legs?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What BMI are you aiming for? How old are you?
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, a reasonable calorie deficit. Although to do it safely and have a better chance at keeping it off, you can't do it quickly. Unless you are significantly overweight.
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Spot-reducing fat by non-surgical means is impossible. Your body will take off fat from different places according to its own internal tendencies - generally speaking, from all over your body as a whole, but it may very well come off first or last in different places. Fat goes on my abdomen first and off it last.

You can use muscle growth (which can definitely be targeted) to sculpt your physique, but fat loss is just fat loss all around.
  • Giselle4004
    Giselle4004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 18 and my BMI is 20.83
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight already. Investigate recomp.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    You're at a healthy weight already. Investigate recomp.

This. You can only lose so much fat per day, and anything past that if you're aiming for "quick" will come from your muscle.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy (for you) weights and eat at maintenance. Be consistent and patient.