Reducing breast size

Hey pals,

Just curious if anyone has lost breast weight since maintaining proper exercise and dieting. I am 126 lbs with an almost triple D bra size.

If anyone has any tips for reducing breast size through weight training, cardio, dieting that’d be great! As well as your own progress and how long it took before you showed signs of weight loss in that region.

Thanks!

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Same as the rest of your body, you can't spot reduce unfortunately. If most of what you have is breast tissue, rather than fat, then you can't change that.

I did have a late in the game drop in size (both band and filling, so cup actually stayed the same size), but it really is individual. At 126 lb and looking at your profile pic I can't imagine you have a lot of weight, if any, to lose from anywhere.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Oh also, if you have never been properly fitted for a bra, I highly recommend it. Having the right size and style of bra for you makes a hell of a difference. I'm an 8(30)DD and not the least bit bothered, because I have superb bras.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Sounds like it's just your genetics. Most people lose bust with fat loss.

I myself lost fat there, but I went from obese with G/H cup to 120 lbs with 32DD's. So smaller, but still not an easy bra size to find. I've gained a little weight and am now a 34DD.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    If you're at your target weight and you haven't lost your cup size, then it's time to talk to your doctor about getting a reduction done. As previously stated, not all breast tissue is fat tissue. So if you have more mammary tissue there, it won't go away without surgery.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited January 2018
    I lost breast size for the first half of my weight loss. From 44G to 36DDD. Now my band size is still going down but my cup size has stalled (now 34G-ish). I’ll be consulting a surgeon after hitting goal weight.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I lost a lot of my boobs, I was in 38Cs and 36DDs and am probably a charitable 34B now - even measured into a 32 band but it felt binding so I prefer the 34 (also more easy to find). That was a 40lbs loss from 175 to 135.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I went from 75C to 75B (that's European size, in cm. Cup is the same I think)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    I went from 75C to 75B (that's European size, in cm. Cup is the same I think)

Good thing you said European.
    At first, I was like dear mother of God.. those things have to hurt.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    I've lost 47 lbs and went from a 36FF to a 34F, so really not much of a change :(
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Depends on genetics and age. I've always been large-chested. When I was in my 20's and was at a BMI of 18.5 I still had large breasts. It wasn't until I had a baby, breastfed him, gained weight, and then finally lost it again in my 40's that I actually lost any cup size (not counting "sister" sizing)--though I'm still a 32F (not exactly small-chested).

Definitely agree on seeking out professional bra-fitters. Seriously life-changing.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Cup size is always proportional to band size. My band size went down - everything is smaller but the DD is still the same. "Minimizer" styles have been very helpful with some clothing :)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't have this particular problem, but I'm wondering where you ladies get your bras fitted? You can't pay me enough to go into a Victoria's Secret, but I've never seen anywhere else offer the service.

I'd pay quite a premium for a comfortable bra.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 57 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I don't have this particular problem, but I'm wondering where you ladies get your bras fitted? You can't pay me enough to go into a Victoria's Secret, but I've never seen anywhere else offer the service.

I think Nordstrom is the best if there's one near you, but I think most major department stores do it.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    I haven't actually lost weight on the scale but I've dropped in measurements from all over. Most noticeably and what made me most excited was I went from a 44DD to a 44D so even though my rib cage remained the same, I definitely lost a fair amount.

That's just where I lose from. I'm not bothered cause I hate the damn things anyway, but I wish I'd lose from my hips faster. Ah well, win some, lose some. Literally.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I'd pay quite a premium for a comfortable bra.

Aerie
    Maidenform
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Maybe someone can explain this to me - I don't understand the need to have someone help you with bra fitting. Either the band and cups are the right size or they aren't. Too tight, get bigger. Too big, get smaller.

If we can manage getting pants the right length and width, why do we need help with bras?

I know my actual sizes, and that women's clothes manufacturers only loosely conform to this, so when I try things on I grab a few different sizes of the same item, and generally one will fit.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Maybe someone can explain this to me - I don't understand the need to have someone help you with bra fitting. Either the band and cups are the right size or they aren't. Too tight, get bigger. Too big, get smaller.

If we can manage getting pants the right length and width, why do we need help with bras?

I know my actual sizes, and that women's clothes manufacturers only loosely conform to this, so when I try things on I grab a few different sizes of the same item, and generally one will fit.

Because we all tend to wear our bands too big and our cup sizes too small. Having someone who actually knows what your measurements translate to really helps. Unless you are actively measuring your rib cage right under your breasts and using that as your band size, it's not right. Also, I find it takes a few changes in cup sizes (ie. go up or down a half size or two) to find the exact right one for you. So sure, you can totally do it on your own, but having someone who's familiar with the differences between brands/styles also helps. :)
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    unfortunately, we have no say in where we lose weight from. My boobs are the first thing to go...
  • Biker_SuzCO
    Biker_SuzCO Posts: 54 Member
    Soma has great bras and they do bra fitting. Some of my bras from there are 10 years old and going strong! I also went down a cup size with a 20 pound loss.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Because we all tend to wear our bands too big and our cup sizes too small. Having someone who actually knows what your measurements translate to really helps. Unless you are actively measuring your rib cage right under your breasts and using that as your band size, it's not right. Also, I find it takes a few changes in cup sizes (ie. go up or down a half size or two) to find the exact right one for you. So sure, you can totally do it on your own, but having someone who's familiar with the differences between brands/styles also helps. :)[/quote]

In theory if you measure your ribcage and then measure over your bust each inch of difference should equate to one letter in size. 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, 4=D, 5 = DD or E, etc.

So if your ribcage is 32" and your bust is 36" then you are a 32D.

However, I think some bra manufacturers are starting to vanity size, because this no longer seems to be as consistent a standard as it was 10-20 years ago. If you have a good bra shop they will know which brands they carry that run small or run large or are actually true to size - which is particularly helpful when you are between sizes, so if you are really a B plus a half cup, then you can use a B that runs large, or a C that runs small. There was a company making half cup sizes at one point, but I don't think that ever caught on with other manufacturers.