350 calorie meal ideas

I need ideas for a 350 calorie meal!

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Anything you want in the proper portions will get you there. Is there something more specific you're looking for?
  • jkarlsfam
    jkarlsfam Posts: 2 Member
    1 cup of cooked wild rice, 1 cup of cooked broccoli, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and 1 small slice of ham, cut into bite-size pieces. Heat until cheese bubbly. Yum!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    For me that would be about 5oz of chicken breast, 100g broccoli, 100g sweet potato, and 3/4tbsp of butter.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Breakfast, lunch or dinner? What do you like?
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Stuffed bell peppers. Each one yields around there on cals.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    A to-go salad from Olive Garden and two servings of 2% cottage cheese. It's a ton of food and 340 calories. You could recreate the salad pretty easily at home. Olive Garden dressing is available most grocery stores and lower calorie than most.
  • becarrah
    becarrah Posts: 33 Member
    If you're a Pinterest user, search for 350 calorie meals. You'll get plenty of ideas. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    becarrah wrote: »
    If you're a Pinterest user, search for 350 calorie meals. You'll get plenty of ideas. :)

+1 but maybe add in some sort of food you like to the search for example "350 calorie meals shrimp" or "350 calorie meals chicken" so you don't get overwhelmed with a load of recipes with things in you don't like.

• atleast6characters
    atleast6characters Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2018
    You can go on "Eat This Much" page and see what you want, that site/app is pretty useful. I'd suggest to go for low calorie high volume foods and mix them up accordingly. Peas, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Cabbage, Yogurt, Chicken breast etc.
  • brenjhb
    brenjhb Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for all of your ideas!
  • IcelandicBlonde27
    IcelandicBlonde27 Posts: 26 Member
    I really like the Aldi big salad bag kits. For a little over 350 (~400-450 cal) you can have the entire bag. For closer to 350 I really like a nice juicy steak cooked in butter (0.5 tbsp) with some steamed veggies. For breakfast 350 is easy.. make some overnight oats or have some fruit with coffee or a homemade breakfast sandwich on an English muffin to save calories :)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've made a quinoa and summer squash pilaf this week. Each 366-gram serving comes in at 347 calories. Note that depending on the size of the vegetables, etc., things can fluctuate, but here it is based on the amounts I weighed out:

1 tablespoon, Oil - Olive
    3.00 cup, Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
    0.25 cup(s), Basil, fresh, chopped
    255 g (1.5 cup), Quinoa, Uncooked, rinsed and drained.

323 gram, Red Onion, chopped
    324 gram zucchini, raw, chopped
    163 g, Grape Tomato, quartered

Heat oil over medium in large saucepan. Add onion, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, until softened, about 5 minutes.

Stir in quinoa, then add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, add salt to taste if desired, cover, and simmer until quinoa has absorbed all the liquid, about 20-30 minutes.

When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl and stir in tomatoes and basil.

Source: 1,000 Vegan Recipes
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2018
    I eat a lot of meals that size or smaller. My diary is open, if you are interested: https://myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/CoachJen71