Struggling

Options
Finally hit my happy weight. Initially it said I needed to eat 1750 kcal to loose which I always struggled to hit 1500 kcal a day. Now to maintain its telling me I need to eat 2400 kcal and that’s not including extra kcal from exercise. I have no idea how to hit that much without eating crap which I don’t want.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Happy weight, but happy lifestyle? What are you eating?
  • PeterAllan3450
    PeterAllan3450 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get what you saying. But I’ve gone from eating crap to eating healthier and a balanced diet. Where I eat enough where I’m never hungry at end of the day. But eating 500 to 900 more kcal just seems a hell of a lot to what I’m used to. I’m just not sure what extra to eat on top of what I’m already eating.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    You are right I’m looking at this all the wrong way. I’m so used to following a plan where I loose weight. I just don’t know what to change. I’m just don’t want to sabotage what I have achieved and don’t want to become unhealthy all at the same time. I just find it all to confusing
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You are right I’m looking at this all the wrong way. I’m so used to following a plan where I loose weight. I just don’t know what to change. I’m just don’t want to sabotage what I have achieved and don’t want to become unhealthy all at the same time. I just find it all to confusing

Eating something 'unhealthy' doesn't negate the nutrition you get from everything else you eat.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    Yeah your right. It just confuses me getting the right balance.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    You pretty much said it in a nut shell how I feel loosing weight is easy and my head is so set in that way. I just wish it was a simple formula to maintain.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get what you saying. But I’ve gone from eating crap to eating healthier and a balanced diet. Where I eat enough where I’m never hungry at end of the day. But eating 500 to 900 more kcal just seems a hell of a lot to what I’m used to. I’m just not sure what extra to eat on top of what I’m already eating.

So eat more of that "healthy" food. Peanut butter is healthy. Ice cream is healthy.Pastry is healthy, in moderation.
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    Yes you are all right. I lost my initial weight with slimming world and not MFP. Just my last half a stone with this app. But my consultant is no use to Adam with maintenance apart from trial and error. Throughout loosing weight fitness has been a big goal in this. Will just see how it goes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have a consultant? Consultants are only interested in grabbing money from you. Repeat customers is what drives the dieting industry.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes you are all right. I lost my initial weight with slimming world and not MFP. Just my last half a stone with this app. But my consultant is no use to Adam with maintenance apart from trial and error. Throughout loosing weight fitness has been a big goal in this. Will just see how it goes.

Trail and error is the only way to find maintenance. #ell I have been at this for 5 months, and still trying to find it! It will vary on activity level, how much your bmr is reduced, muscle adaptation ect.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Also, check out Kevin Hall's body weight tracker on the NIH website. I did after I lost weight. It uses a predictive model to show calories needed. What's really cool, is that if you go back and put in starting weight and current weight with exercise levels, it will give you a very accurate maintenance. It actually takes into account metabolic alow down and muscle adaptation. Almost has me pegged at this point. Best of luck!
  • PeterAllan3450
    Options
    Thanks I will have a look at it.