Myers Briggs - 16 Personalities

Options

Replies

• planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    it's all a load of *kitten* I'm afraid. People, personality and character cannot be summed up into neat little categories.

That's worthy of debate. MBTI has its proponents, and people who think it's all crock.

Those personality summaries don't explain 100% of anyone's personality. But for many people it comes remarkably close.

Yes it does. People don't behave always like that are, but more often than not. Unless I actively try to control my behavior, I revert to form as a ESTJ.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Mine is very accurate.

INFJ-T The Advocate
    Traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain.
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the DISC training? I did it at work a couple years ago. I'm a C.

Yes, I had mine done earlier this year and it put me high in both the D and C categories. Called it the "creative pattern." The C was highest, though.

My Myers-Briggs has always been borderline on the middle two letters and can fluctuate based on how I'm feeling that day while taking the test. This morning, it gave me ISTJ-T, the "Logistician."

I like to plan things out and pay close attention to detail. I think that's why My Fitness Pal has worked so well for me in the past few months.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    zorrocat wrote: »
    Has anyone done the DISC training? I did it at work a couple years ago. I'm a C.

Yes, I had mine done earlier this year and it put me high in both the D and C categories. Called it the "creative pattern." The C was highest, though.

My Myers-Briggs has always been borderline on the middle two letters and can fluctuate based on how I'm feeling that day while taking the test. This morning, it gave me ISTJ-T, the "Logistician."

I like to plan things out and pay close attention to detail. I think that's why My Fitness Pal has worked so well for me in the past few months.

I had traits of S and C, but mainly C. As an IT professional I found it was highly accurate.
  • missvalentine25
    missvalentine25 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm a mediator (:
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm an ENTP-The Debater.
    Although I believe I am more of an ambivert rather than an extrovert or introvert.
  • onlytruemanhere83
    onlytruemanhere83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I always test as an INTJ - this one was no different.

Spoken like a true INTJ
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Haha I literally just posted this on my news feed for my friends to check out yesterday. ISTJ here.
  • planetcadillac
    planetcadillac Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I took a short DISC test I am mostly D with some I. First I heard of this test here. I guess it goes with my ESTJ Myers-Briggs personality.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    ESFJ-A
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mine is very accurate.

INFJ-T The Advocate
    Traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain.

That part was true for me too. The rest... I don't think I'm as good a person as the other people mentioned, lol.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I think these are very interesting...however, I've noticed that mine does seem to change over time depending on how I'm feeling.

Right now, I'm this:
    https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality

"The Campaigner personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike types in the Explorer Role group, Campaigners are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd."

But previously, I was this:
    https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

"The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact."
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm a Defender (ISFJ-A).

I had never heard of the DISC test and had to search it on Google. I took the free version online and it gave me the highest score for A -Dominance and the next high score was B- Influence. I'll have to read more about the test to see how it's comparable to the Myers Briggs test.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I took the test once. It said something about introverted psychopathic superhuman.

Today's result is: VIRTUOSO (ISTP-A)

I took the test AGAIN today, 8 months later, and came up with ISTP-A again.
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Shout out to all the ISFJs in the house :D

I took this 10ish years ago and was INTJ. Intuitive v Observant I've always been on the line, but I'm surprised I am more Feeling than Thinking now. Can't wait to see what happens in another 10 years!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    ISFJ
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    INTP-T
  • myfitnesspalsophie
    myfitnesspalsophie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    INFP-A
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I've taken it a few different times, the last couple of times, this was my result:

ESTP-A

ENTREPRENEUR PERSONALITY (ESTP, -A/-T)
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    "Virtuosos enjoy lending a hand and sharing their experience, especially with the people they care about, and it’s a shame they’re so uncommon, making up only about five percent of the population. "

Although if there are 16 personality types, aren't they all about 5 percent of the population?