Apple Watch and MFP

Options
Hi! Can someone explain how I can get my steps on my Apple Watch to add back calories on MFP? Also, is there a way to get the active calories burned to transfer into MFP as well? I used to have a Fitbit and it did all of this for me. Not sure how to do it with an Apple Watch. Thanks!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm actually wondering this as well. I moved to apple watch. I see a MUCH lower "calorie burn" from apple watch. I am also using UNDERARMOR RECORD for my workouts (which I thought would help automate this process). It's linked to MFP, but when I do a workout the calories burned don't transfer over. I would have thought if I recorded exercise in on UA app that's connected to another UA app the calorie burn would have transferred over.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Currently, the only way I can get steps to give calories is if they are done in the form of a workout in the workout app. If they are just passive steps outside of a workout, they never seem to grant calories even if you're at sedentary. Possibly the reason behind this is an assumption that non-workout activity should be accounted for by your activity level, but it never seems to compare the steps from the watch to your activity level.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    Currently, the only way I can get steps to give calories is if they are done in the form of a workout in the workout app. If they are just passive steps outside of a workout, they never seem to grant calories even if you're at sedentary.

I get a *few*, just not as many as I would have from the fitbit link. And no calories from UA RECORD tracked exercises. I'm sure I'm just missing something.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Anyone? Doing one bump for the PM crowd. Tia.
  • jenny373
    jenny373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I’d like to know too! Bump
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ yep pretty much everything he said :smile:
  • Kguard226
    Kguard226 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have hat set up now! I also have the Apple Watch app called strong. I log out my weight lifting exercises, sets, reps and weights as I’m doing my workout and I have that connected to my health app as well. The health app then tells MFP how many calories I burned during my workout and logs it as strength training!