Calories burnt..can that be right??

Options
hiya, just added my exercise for today, it is saying i have burnt 1600 calories! My man and i went cycling this morning...we covered 27 miles in 2 and a half hours...i dont feel like i've burnt that much off and would feel terribly guilty trying to eat some of those back..lol...though i'd have a good try...lol!!! how accurate is the calorie count??

:)

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I rode for 20 minutes it told me I burnt a couple hundred. I would say 27 miles is a long ride and probably would burn quite a bit.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty accurate. 27 miles is a long bike ride! great job!
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    Definitely! 27 miles is great and in 2 and 1/2 hours is even better! Awesome job!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Take your HR manually and use this in the future:

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

Hope it helps.
  • Travelorbust
    Travelorbust Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical too - - my iPod application said I burnt 269 calories on this mornings jog/walk and here? a whopping 400+. I'm going to take both with a grain of sweat. :-)
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    bump
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is accurate
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Might be a little high but it's probably still up there. I have a new HRM. I rode for 1hr 40min yesterday and burned 840 calories.
  • Willyv99
    Options
    first of all, that is freakin awesome lol 27 miles is along ride. great job, but i think that is pretty acurate. Don't know if you have a one of those heart rate monitor watches but those are pretty good and especially after you go for a ride, it will help you get more accurate results. great job again.
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes I wonder how accurate the calorie calculator is on here. So, I always double check with other websites to see if they give similar results. Bicycling Magazine has a Calorie Calculator and I put in information similar to your post and it was up there with what your got so I guess it's pretty accurate. Although, I wonder how they account for people whose rides were mostly uphill versus those that might have been mostly down hill.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I use caloriesperhour.com to verify the calories burned, plus this site has more activities listed and its based in individual weight.
  • bosrebel
    bosrebel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!! :)) yeh it was a long ride! lol. we had some big hills to go up , but in general a lovely ride, and will do it again, i will eat back some of the calories with pleasure then....

Thanks again :)

Jenni