Water based soup count towards water for the day?

Options
I know its a stupid question. But ive been sick with pneumonia and ive been dehydrated and nauseas. Hard to drink water. Ive been trying to eat bland homemade potato soup, can all the water in that count towards my water for the day? I have to track it since im dehydrated. I got fluids at the hospital but i need to make sure i keep it up. Its hard.

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Of course. It really doesn't matter if you get the water from eating broccoli or soup or drinking a glass of it by itself. As long as you get what your body needs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is all fluid as is my coffee.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    I would personally think it's better than nothing, but maybe mixed with the starch *might* make it harder to absorb, especially if you are having trouble with digestion. The Dr. told me to avoid non clear soups when I was sick. know very thin broth soups count though. What about chamomile and or pepleemint teas? Those are generally pretty soothing, especially the chamomile.

I dont add anythinf to thicken it. Just some people do. So its literally just 7 cups water, 10 ounces milk, and two tbs butter.
    And i have celestial seasonings tension tamer tea and sleepy time tea. Both have chamomile. One has peppermint i think. But they make me a little nauseas because i drink them too fast lol. But i try to drink 1 cup every night. Doesnt always happen.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    If it’s liquid and non-alcoholic, it’s hydrating. Even caffeinated drinks - they might make you pee more, but not enough to lose all the water. Many foods have some water, too, especially fruits and veggies.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    witcherkar wrote: »
    Momepro wrote: »
    I would personally think it's better than nothing, but maybe mixed with the starch *might* make it harder to absorb, especially if you are having trouble with digestion. The Dr. told me to avoid non clear soups when I was sick. know very thin broth soups count though. What about chamomile and or pepleemint teas? Those are generally pretty soothing, especially the chamomile.

I dont add anythinf to thicken it. Just some people do. So its literally just 7 cups water, 10 ounces milk, and two tbs butter.
    And i have celestial seasonings tension tamer tea and sleepy time tea. Both have chamomile. One has peppermint i think. But they make me a little nauseas because i drink them too fast lol. But i try to drink 1 cup every night. Doesnt always happen.

Sounds like it should be fine then, if you're keeping it down. Being sick sucks.