Not losing weight!!!

Options
for the past two months or so, I haven't been losing weight.

I've been getting rid of it. I have no intension of finding it again. [:

Replies

• uhhmandaa
    Options
    switch it up! Find a new exercise work a bit more intensely, indulge a little.
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    what's your current weight, diet, and exercise plan?
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    hehe, that's a good way of looking at it!
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    Another user posted a really helpful post about this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/309238-if-you-are-having-trouble-losing-weight-still-read

There are alot of good points in there. :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    for the past two months or so, I haven't been losing weight.

:laugh:
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Great philosophy! :happy:
  • OnMyWay2STay
    OnMyWay2STay Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've gotten rid of 6 lbs myself!
  • rachel1496
    Options
    :)
  • flyingintheskyiamfly
    Options
    The first few didn't realise that I was joking... awkward xD
  • stukawife
    stukawife Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, but fi you are truely not loosing, make sure that you are accurately recording your food.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    tweak something. Cut out soda, fried food, bread or dairy. Increase cardio, increase weight for strength training One person posted that they were stuck until they cut out frozen prepared meals (high in sodium) Cut ONE thing & it will break the plateau
  • flyingintheskyiamfly
    Options
    Okay guys, I don't need advice.
    I'm not having any problems.

Did nobody read the end part of the post?
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I haven't lost weight either ... but I work out all the time and I honestly feel better ...... and I think that being on here makes you accountable for your lifestyle. Like if I put it in my log that I worked out --- I feel like I really need to be working out, because otherwise I'm being dishonest to my buddies on here. If you can't be honest to your support group ... then you're never going to move forward.

But as for the actual weight --- it aint nothing but a number. Yesterday I went to my family practitioner for a check up and the when the nurse called me in, she said" Wow, you look great! How much weight did you lose? She thought I was joking when I said none. I seriously have gained and lost the same 5 pounds since I started here in April. The scale wasn't joking though. Then my doctor reminded me that muscle weighs more than fat ... and is better for you too.

So my advice to you is to find the "healthy plan" that works best for you and don't really worry about what that scale says.
  • kenen300
    Options
    wow, just wow
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body. proper amount of proteins, carbs ( good ones ) and fat.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    damm i should pay better attention just saw the end of your post :)
  • Michellerw1
    Options

Great philosophy! :happy:

I agree; losing seems like such a passive way to look at it. It didn't just magically disappear, dangit, we worked for it!! :)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, I don't need advice.
    I'm not having any problems.

Did nobody read the end part of the post?

awkward....lol
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight either ... but I work out all the time and I honestly feel better ...... and I think that being on here makes you accountable for your lifestyle. Like if I put it in my log that I worked out --- I feel like I really need to be working out, because otherwise I'm being dishonest to my buddies on here. If you can't be honest to your support group ... then you're never going to move forward.

But as for the actual weight --- it aint nothing but a number. Yesterday I went to my family practitioner for a check up and the when the nurse called me in, she said" Wow, you look great! How much weight did you lose? She thought I was joking when I said none. I seriously have gained and lost the same 5 pounds since I started here in April. The scale wasn't joking though. Then my doctor reminded me that muscle weighs more than fat ... and is better for you too.

So my advice to you is to find the "healthy plan" that works best for you and don't really worry about what that scale says.

muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It's that muscle doesn't take up as much room as fat, so you appear to be thinner even though you weigh the same.
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Lmao xx