Replies

• SchadelShannon
    SchadelShannon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ill try that too
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow, hadn't meant to start something. I've never really noticed any smell when cooking brussells, but because I meal prep I tend to be cooking 6 things at once.
  • LaughHappy907
    LaughHappy907 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a grazer, I need to eat all day to not feel hungry or get a head-ache so I eat a ton of low calorie stuff many times a day. I learned that if I eat a muffin in the morning thinking I will just adjust my intake the rest of the day it doesn't work and I binge that evening. Some of the best "diet" foods I stick to when I'm trying to shed some pounds (not maintain, but lose) are:

Broth or water based soups. (Especially cabbage and butter beans with sweet potatoes. If you leave the butter, creams, oils and thickeners out its an easy way to cut a couple hundred calories out of your daily diet. I meal prep soups for lunch.)

Petite carrots, sugar snap peas, home-popped popcorn (leave the butter out!) - perfect for snacking mindlessly.

Cabbage in any form. I add it to everything. Helps to fill you up and make you feel like you ate more than you did. Has a bunch of fiber too, which keeps your gut happy as you drastically change your diet.

Cottage cheese - I love a spoonful of it when I mindlessly wander to the fridge.

Super dark chocolate - It takes forever to eat a square of it because it's so intense. 1 bar lasts me a couple weeks.

Homemade berry blended sobert - basically frozen berries blitzed in the blender with milk or juice and a bit of honey/sugar/chocolate. I don't eat it often as the clean up is a pain - but it is so good and cures my ice-cream/dessert cravings.

Firm tofu - I never really had tofu before recently and for some reason I'm obsessed with it now. I love the stuff. Doesn't even have to be seasoned, its weird.

Pretzel thins - things are heaven.
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Coffee is my absolute favorite since starting Keto
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Lemon!!! I love it!!! I squeeze it over my salads or my veggies for an extra zing. It’s also really nice to add a squirt of lemon juice to soda water and vodka. Then you put a slice in it and mush it up with a straw. Lovely.
    Unfortunately another favourite food is chocolate covered almonds. They are my kryptonite
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Diet Dr Pepper. As far as food goes I don’t typically buy “diet” or “light” anything.

Yup on diet soda. I can enjoy my pop with with .03% (usually less) of the calories!
  • pinknerdfromthe70s
    pinknerdfromthe70s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love whole grain bread !
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    While I typically eat anything, I do have foods I frequently add when my cals are lower. Things that are filling for me such as high fibre or volume foods: cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, kale, mushrooms, peppers, celery, cucumber, egg whites, shirataki noodles. Also more low calorie protein sources: low fat cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken breast, shrimp, white fish. I love soups (broth or pureed vegetables, legume), I also drink quite a bit of coffee as I find it distracts me and suppresses my appetite.