Curious....

Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
Does anyone else have that dent on their pinky finger from resting their phone on it constantly? I also wonder if my neck is gonna be jacked up from looking down at the phone so much.

Curious if we're going to be an older generation with weird cell phone related ailments in the future.

Replies

• shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Haha.. so funny and so true.. I dont have the dent per se, but I do notice when I use a pop socket I get a groove from holding on to its edge.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Didn't California release, a cancer guideline; concerning this? Apparently we're more at risk, of obtaining cancer; via radiation {I believe}!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Hmm, just looked at my hand, I have a red spot where it rests by my thumb while reading stuff, and a red spot on my palm when I assume texting position.

I have bad posture anyhow, so my neck and shoulders are messed up I'm sure.

I love my phone, it might be my favorite possession. Endless hours of entertainment and company!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    When I was in for Physio a while back the therapist was saying the cases of neck injuries due to strain are on the rise and its because of our use of tablets and phones. Heads done, weight of head injuring the neck muscles. So the answer is yes we are probably going to have some serious problems in the future. Its why I hate my cell phone! If I didn't need one for work, I'd skip having one.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    csbnga wrote: »
    Pretty sure D pic elbow will be a thing.

V pic knee is just as painful. I heard.

Sounds awful, need pics to confirm
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I can't look down at my phone as much since I mucked up my neck a while back. So I sit at the kitchen table often and prop it up in front of me.

No dents I can see yet though.

I tend not to sue the phone as much as people think.

I hate technology.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    I only use my cellular when necessary, otherwise I've been coddled by the large screen/keyboard; of a computer/laptop!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Does anyone else have that dent on their pinky finger from resting their phone on it constantly? I also wonder if my neck is gonna be jacked up from looking down at the phone so much.

Curious if we're going to be an older generation with weird cell phone related ailments in the future.

Thought maybe this thread would be about something else....

I don't rest my phone on my pinkies. I have my phone in one hand and use my pointer finger to text. Now... if only I had people to text.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Nope I'm stuck at a computer screen all day so I'm looking straight ahead.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Can you show pictures?

Cause the only dent I have is on both finger and looks to be caused by my ring finger rather than a phone.

Also considering I normally rest my phone on my left finger, why does my right have the same dent?
  • Just_Mel_
    edited January 2018
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Can you show pictures?

Cause the only dent I have is on both finger and looks to be caused by my ring finger rather than a phone.

Also considering I normally rest my phone on my left finger, why does my right have the same dent?

y9yg9w2ouybg.jpg

Not super noticeable, but I can definitely feel a difference between my right and left finger.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Can you show pictures?

y9yg9w2ouybg.jpg

Not super noticeable, but I can definitely feel a difference between my right and left finger.

The right one looks a little more warn....you know how your fingers wrinkle when you are in the bath to long? That finger looks like it has had extended water time. Mystery solved!!!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    I have a bit of a callous on my right pinky where the edge of my phone case sits. I’m a one handed texter.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I still feel this is just some made up hypochondriac stuff. Most of the time I see this going around it’s on Facebook or daily mail or other less than trust worthy sources of information.
  • Just_Mel_
    Can you show pictures?

y9yg9w2ouybg.jpg

The right one looks a little more warn....you know how your fingers wrinkle when you are in the bath to long? That finger looks like it has had extended water time. Mystery solved!!!

I know, I need some damn lotion on my hands.

*Fun fact, I held my phone in my cleavage in order to actually take that picture. It worked surprisingly well!
  • Just_Mel_
    I still feel this is just some made up hypochondriac stuff. Most of the time I see this going around it’s on Facebook or daily mail or other less than trust worthy sources of information.

I guess the only way to make you a believer is for you to feel my fingers. :confused: