I’m trying to learn Spanish!

2»

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Why does duolingo etc never have an insult section?
    Or have I just not got to it yet?

The flirting section was wierd I think one of them was “I don’t need to read your terms and condition to love you”
  • dalekintown
    dalekintown Posts: 1 Member
    Merkavar wrote: »

The flirting section was wierd I think one of them was “I don’t need to read your terms and condition to love you”

Because duolingo is not how you talk on an everyday basis. ''Te quiero sin condiciones'' is like saying I love you with no conditions.. But still.. It's something you would not normally say. Also, Spanish changes a lot in terms of South America and Spain. Here (Spain) we say '' te quiero '' as I love you and '' te amo'' is like saying I love you through the moon and back. But they say '' te amo'' for both.
    As far as insults.. Is the same. Insults in Spanish from Spain are extremely different.
    ''que te den '' is a way of saying '' *kitten* off''
    ''Joder '' means *kitten* as an insult but not an action
    '' me cago en todo '' is what you say when something is really frustrating.. But if you translate that it ends up being '' I *kitten* on everything ''
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I only do spanglish.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar wrote: »

Because duolingo is not how you talk on an everyday basis. ''Te quiero sin condiciones'' is like saying I love you with no conditions.. But still.. It's something you would not normally say. Also, Spanish changes a lot in terms of South America and Spain. Here (Spain) we say '' te quiero '' as I love you and '' te amo'' is like saying I love you through the moon and back. But they say '' te amo'' for both.
    As far as insults.. Is the same. Insults in Spanish from Spain are extremely different.
    ''que te den '' is a way of saying '' *kitten* off''
    ''Joder '' means *kitten* as an insult but not an action
    '' me cago en todo '' is what you say when something is really frustrating.. But if you translate that it ends up being '' I *kitten* on everything ''

Thanks for some insults.

What’s the point of learning a new language if you can’t insult someone when they do something stupid like nearly run you off the road.

:tongue:
  • Merkavar
    I only do spanglish.

Is thato just addingo “o” to the end of Englisho wordso overo 3 characterso in lengtho? Màybè somè acćents?
  • rockmartin50
    rockmartin50 Posts: 1,747 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Is no one going to tell me where the *kitten* the library is!!!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    La práctica hace la perfección
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Como *kitten* estas?
  • Merkavar
    Anyone stuck to it, now that it is a month or two later?

Made any progress or did anything of note?
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Hubby and I are starting to learn on our own. We hope to move to Mexico when I retire.
    He wants to pepper the house with post-it notes...sigh!
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    I got all the way through DuoLingo and it helped me to communicate well out of country. I am totally going to check out Busuu to reinforce.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2018
    I got all the way through DuoLingo and it helped me to communicate well out of country. I am totally going to check out Busuu to reinforce.

There's also something called News in Slow Spanish which, as you can guess, reads the news in Spanish but slowly so you can get used to hearing it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Can't speak Spanish very well, but my favorite song is in Spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_u4kzJoEj4