In need of some accountability..

Hello everyone!

The problem I'm having when it comes to accomplishing my personal goals is that, unfortunately, I've found it way too easy to ignore, avoid, or just downright lie to myself. I set up processes for myself to stay accountable, like calorie counting diaries, reminders, etc. However, after a few days I often begin ignoring them and eventually just silencing them and moving on. I think that because there is no person on the other end of those reminders, I find it easy to just disregard them.

A few years ago I decided to begin a similar journey to the one I'm on now. However, at that time I had a friend who was on the same path. We checked in constantly, stayed honest, and maintained some level of accountability for the decisions we were making. In the end, I was successful.

I guess what I'm looking for here is someone who would be interested in filling that role for me again. I'm not talking about just "liking" status updates and posting motivational quotes, but someone who will have the time and effort to actually try and keep me on track through frequent communication and feedback. Now don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to provide the same support in return, this is definitely not a one way street. So if you're someone who's interested in a closer, perhaps more involved method of both friendship and accountability, then please reach out to me. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people and having the support I need to complete this journey.

Thank you

Replies

• markwin1
    markwin1 Posts: 2 Member
    my friends and i text progress photos to each other every sunday. it's not daily, but at least that keeps us in check. if that's helpful, we can try it
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Anybody in this thread can add me, you’ll see my diary everyday and my workouts. I lived my 30s like an unmotivated slob, I won’t live my 40s like that.
  • dmenon24
    dmenon24 Posts: 14 Member
    I am looking for the same too. Just joined back 2 weeks ago and so far it's going well. I really need that accountability when I hit the point at where I get impatient with not seeing major results. Feel free to add me.
  • Resolutionss2018
    Resolutionss2018 Posts: 13 Member
    I’m in
  • newmebp
    newmebp Posts: 30 Member
    Accountability and support are critical to me as well. I would appreciate some conversation on days that are difficult and sincere joy on days when I do well. I’m determined to take the best care of my body mind & spirit. I have a loving family but they have serious doubts in my abilities to be successful at this. They have watched me make poor decisions for the last 20 years. I can’t change the past but I can change today. Would welcome a supportive friend. Send me a friend request-I’m happy to be there for you.
  • AngRoux2018
    AngRoux2018 Posts: 7 Member
    I am definitely looking for accountability friends, as you say, not just liking statuses, but people who actually check in and become friends. Will add!
  • Kezzah183
    Kezzah183 Posts: 21 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • hollyntuttle95
    hollyntuttle95 Posts: 42 Member
    Add me if you'd like! I have found that the only time I am successful is when a friend and I hold each other accountable -- I just haven't found a friend that will stick with it with me.