Post here if you 40+ in age?

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 40 years + almost 12 years. (16 days to next birthday).
  • BuckeyeYogi
    BuckeyeYogi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! David here! I'm 49 years old but feel a lot younger in mind and spirit. Had my left knee scoped several years ago from a torn meniscus, and lost my mom and brother within a short period of time. The subsequent grieving, depression and sedentary lifestyle (first time in my life) packed on an extra 40+ pounds over a couple of years that I want to lose. My mom/brother passed from heart related issues and I don't want to be the next.

I have been doing yoga for 2+ years now which has helped rehab my knee and get me back to an active lifestyle. I enjoy walking, rucking, hiking, snow skiing, stand up paddleboard (SUP), SUP yoga, sand volleyball, and working out. I recently signed up for my first Reebok Spartan Race to help motivate me long term, so I've started doing treadmill workouts (I am NOT a runner!) and I'm looking to start some Boot Camp or crossfit style classes starting next month. I've been using MFP for 70+ days now and I'm down almost 14 pounds! Would love to connect with some of you to share stories, support, and inspiration! Namaste!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    55 yo here. IDK If I still got it or not. I'm not even sure what it is.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Yup. I’m in this group.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    Options
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am 45. I need to lose about 70 pounds. I am doing a low carb diet this year. My goal is to log my food consistently every day to become more aware about how many net carbs in the things I eat. #Texas
  • davidsd2017
    davidsd2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    48 and from Chicago. Nice to meet you all :)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yup. Over 40 here.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Waaayyyyyy over 40! (63) Been hanging around MFP for about 3 1/2 years. Lost 95 lbs, but took a nosedive over the holidays. Tightening back up on the logging again to get rid of the winter "accumulation!" Good luck, everyone!
  • JimmiRayCole
    JimmiRayCole Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    49 and new on here. I'm in Arizona and was at 350 lbs in Oct....now I'm down to 274 and feeling 100% better...DILLY DILLY!!! :D Trying stay focused to get down past 250. :) Add me
  • Ricard01g
    Ricard01g Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    45 UK. 107Kg and falling!
  • MovingRumsAss
    MovingRumsAss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 this year and I have to get back on the wagon.
  • bamamom02
    bamamom02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I posted here a few days ago, and I have added several new friends. I am 49 and here for the long haul to improve my health and hopefully lose a few pounds. I can use all the support I can get! Add me!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    I definitely qualify for being 40+ ( lol ), 69, and still going strong!!
  • drenascales
    drenascales Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    52 in Alabama aiming to lose 50 finally getting on track

a
  • lisadicken805
    lisadicken805 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    46 and 100+ pounds to lose. It's so overwhelming, but I have to do it this time!!
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    50 going on 51 , feel free to add
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 44 years young. Uk. Trying to gain momentum with both eating healthy and doing exercise
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Turning 51 today, this is my second week on MFP. Kids are grown and now it’s time for ME. Time to start making healthier food choices and being active. I have committed to walking 10K steps per day and I am here to loose weight and motivate others.
  • Lianapugzoe
    Lianapugzoe Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Turning 51 today, this is my second week on MFP. Kids are grown and now it’s time for ME. Time to start making healthier food choices and being active. I have committed to walking 10K steps per day and I am here to loose weight and motivate others.

Happy Birthday!