App vs. website

Options
Joni_Pass
Joni_Pass Posts: 20 Member
I just rejoined MFP after 5 years. I really like it but find the app to not be as user friendly as going on to the website. Is anyone else having issues or is it that I just need to get used to it?

Replies

• johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just get used to it, I find the website very slow
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    The app is fine imo, the only draw back of the app is not being able to read the member blogs.
  • ohi874
    ohi874 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The one issue i find on the app that the website has is you can't search for food, or at least I can't seem to search for food items that you've never used before. I had to go to the website to search for eggplant yesterday instead of the app.

It could very well be user error too!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    ohi874 wrote: »
    The one issue i find on the app that the website has is you can't search for food, or at least I can't seem to search for food items that you've never used before. I had to go to the website to search for eggplant yesterday instead of the app.

Did you have your phone data on / wifi on? the search function for foods only works with that.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    ohi874 wrote: »

That's definitely user error. Hit the search/enter button on your phone's keypad or select the blue words that say Search all foods for "----":

Before:
    3f9zluoaoq8m.jpg

After:
    r1wgz6k3n8t5.jpg
  • SuzilouSpring
    SuzilouSpring Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find the above all true on the iPhone but NOT on my iPad
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    There are pros and cons to both, IMO. I prefer the app/phone (android) for logging my food, but the website for social functions (feed/wall, forums, etc).

Ultimately though, it's a free service, and a pretty robust one at that. Any quirkiness you may experience... well, it's a free service. I don't think there's much to complain about.