Low Sodium Recipes Please!

Options
Khovde07
Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
I'm always struggling with sodium levels. I know there's high sodium in canned and processed foods but my hubby is in grad school so we need to eat cheap and canned beans/frozen meats are the cheapest and fastest way we can prepare food. Does anyone have good low sodium recipes? If I do a google search I get almost all dessert recipes. I'm trying to be better about sodium and sugar in general since my family has a history of diabetes and heart problems.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I buy no salt added canned vegetables, beans, tomatoes and stock. I use Mrs. Dash extra spicy in place of cajun seasoning. I like all the Mrs. Dash flavors except the Original and Table Blends. They made taco seasoning and ranch dressing too. I use lemon, lime juice and zest to brighten the flavor in recipes. Vinegar works too. There are some bloggers with great advice and recipes. Search for Sodium Girl, Please Don't Pass the Salt, Low Sodium Blog, Davita Recipes.

This chicken was really good!!! My sister who loves salt thought it was amazing. lowsodiumblog.com/2012/07/sues-greek-roast-lemon-chicken-kota-lemonato/

Here are some recipes I did for my Mom when she was watching her sodium. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/p/low-sodium-recipes.html
  • DoreenHei
    DoreenHei Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm quite new to MFP. I have pulmonary arterial hypertension and must limit sodium to less than 2000 mg daily, but I feel better at about 1500 mg a day. I'd love to know of loso recipes that are in the files on MFP. I have entered a couple of simple things in my own MFP recipe box. I suppose that others have done the same. Is there some way we can share those easily?
  • northcoastbeauty
    northcoastbeauty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There is a low sodium group in this community