2 hrs of workout no loss?

Options
Foodorlife
Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
edited January 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Brief explanation, I am 265 lbs, have very sedentary life(3k steps max), recently started hard core exercise and clean food(about 85-90% clean), count my calories. I do an hour on elliptical, then about 20 mins weights and finish with an hour of treadmill fast walking. I do not eat the calories I burn back . I have my own way of counting, I would rather undercount than over, ex.I do not enter my weight and work with generic numbers, so if elliptical tells me I supposedly lost 700 cals I log 400 as burned .
So for past 5 days I've been going daily and .... lost only .3 of a pound! How is that possible? I totally "flipped" my life upside down and this is the result? I must be doing something wrong but I eat regular food, will open my diary if anyone wants to check it....what you think is going on?

P.S. Also I sleep in until 10-11 sometimes so that's why sometimes I have skipped meals.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Just came here to post that link, you beat me to it.

OP, exercise doesn't make you stop losing weight. But it can make you retain water/glycogen (and many other things can affect your scale reading too, as outlined in the thread linked above).
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Last time I started to exercise regularly (almost everyday) the water stuck for a whole month. Then I had to stop exercising for health reasons and on the third day dropped 3lbs overnight, which for me is alot (I'm around 135lbs and lose 1-2lbs a month tops).
    So be very, very patient and trust the science.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    s71pumfaihjc.jpg