Keto beginner

Options
I’m 58 years old and the last few months I had almost no energy or interest in getting anything done. Within days of starting Keto it was at if I woke up from a depressing dream. I haven’t seen great weight changes yet but my energy and attitude are amazing. I was a carb addict but I haven’t crave them at ALL. It is amazing. I’m just trying to find the right amount of macros for me to improve my weight loss journey.

Replies

• PerpetuallyEliza
    PerpetuallyEliza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm looking to start Keto next week. Let's keep track of our experiences and swap tips?
  • PerpetuallyEliza
    PerpetuallyEliza Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

I liked this one; the site is also super helpful in general.
  • cutie20878
    cutie20878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new too and really like the ruled.me site. So many free recipes and very informative. Count me in as a newbie Keto buddy!!!
  • Lcmcks
    Lcmcks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started on this 2 weeks ago. I've lost 8 lbs but more important...I feel SO good. I'm 61 years old and was eating my way to a very early grave. Had a very bloated stomach, heartburn constantly, no energy, and just felt lousy. I was a total carboholic and not one sugar, piece of bread, potato, or pasta has hit my mouth since I started. Amazing part...I don't crave ANY of it. :)
  • gaby_gz1988
    gaby_gz1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to start Keto because I’ve heard so many great things about it, but I’m scared of eating so much fat. Is that weird? Yet, carbs are life! What is that about? Lol Anyway, do you guys have any tips/suggestions for a beginner like me? How do I even get started?
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple, use the tracker in this ap, enter everything that you eat & drink. Targets: Carbs 5%, Fats 75% & Protein 20%. Keep an eye on your calorie intake & don’t exceed your recommend amount. Works Great !
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    hi on this site MFP there is a Keto group. It's just called keto if you browse groups or search you will find it if you are interested in joining. There is a lot of help and information and it's super supportive.
  • DETRMND
    DETRMND Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm in too. I started Keto mid November and felt great. I lost 7 lbs but fell off the wagon over Christmas. I started back January 6. Today I'm actually quite tired and a little depressed. Whats that about? I just turned 57 and am really hoping to have the energy to live my very active life.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Even without the potential for weight loss I love love Keto. the energy is amazing!!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I follow a KETO lifestyle and love it! It's pretty easy to follow but my biggest piece of advice is to start simple at first and rid yourself of all the cravings before you try to start making subs for your old favorites. Trust me, it will benefit you!