Future police officer getting fit

Options
Hey all need tips and tricks to getting lean and passing my police academy fitness test

Replies

• optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eat right and exercise. Thanks for your service!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Do you know what the test is? When I did the PAT I knew what is was before hand, so I knew what i needed to improve. I do crossfit which helps. Nutrition needs to be in place.
  • Seanjames123
    Seanjames123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can arrest me anyway
  • Nada_messinger
    Nada_messinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use youtube for all my fitness tips. There's soo much information on there for all different kinds of fitness goals. If you want to cut, you have to eat at a caloric deficit, if you want to gain muscle you eat at a caloric surplus. That's the general rule of thumb. Good luck with your exam!!!
  • myles1230
    myles1230 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Google police power test. Then try and challenge yourself to complete the test regimen, then try and exceed the test regimen so you know for yourself you got the test in the bag! Good luck!
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Tips: Incorporate pushups, situps, sprints, and distance into your current regimen; the specifics of this will depend on your current abilities.
    Getting lean: count your calories; it's easier to not eat them than to eat and then burn them.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Crossfit, all around body workout.
  • Plussizebarbie17
    Plussizebarbie17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all of the tips! I need to do the Vertical Jump(12) Push-Ups(12), Sit-ups(32) and a Shuttle Run (5.02.6). I think that I will be ok, just need a trainer to push me through the elements of the test. I want to break all of these requirements. I am going to kick this physical test *kitten*!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on making this decision and looking to be prepared for the challenges ahead. You are entering into a community where physical fitness is a key factor and will be taken into consideration for advancement in most departments.

This is a link to the Naval Special Warfare Training Guide - in my mind the best template for any physical conditioning:

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html

Identify where you are currently and follow this regimen as best as you can. You will crush that test.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    We love our police here to support
  • Plussizebarbie17
    Plussizebarbie17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you MarvinsFitLife I appreciate that
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    2 oz curls for the donut!