Need motivation i start yesterday and today I fail

Options
I'm 5'3 34 y/o 230 pounds and yesterday I was so motivated i was good feeling good lots of water 20 min cardio and all and today was same but just for dinner can't control myself i start eating what I don't supposed and I feel guilty i thing never gonna make it

Replies

• nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try again tomorrow , don’t give up.
    Figure out why you ate the wrong stuff.
    Maybe try to eat some of your favorite food and stay within your calories. Watch some you tube videos about some success stories or weight loss tips. I always get motivated when I watch them :)
  • bombon4075
    bombon4075 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    nadel2016 wrote: »
    Try again tomorrow , don’t give up.
    Figure out why you ate the wrong stuff.
    Maybe try to eat some of your favorite food and stay within your calories. Watch some you tube videos about some success stories or weight loss tips. I always get motivated when I watch them :)

Thanks for your advice ill do it and no i don't give up I'll keep going :)
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    A few small changes can add up quick. Don’t strive to be 100% perfect. Just start building healthy daily habits. That will build momentum, and it also generated positivity. Positive affirmations help because your thoughts will influence your beliefs, attitudes, and result in your actions. You can do this,
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    One thing that sometimes helps is to just eat and behave normally for a week without changing anything, while logging, and then you can look at exactly where you are with your diet and exercise. It can be helpful to pay attention to which foods your calories are coming from and where it would be easiest to trim them, as well as places, people and situations which lead you to overeat. In this case you were probably hungrier than usual because of your cardio - a snack right after your workout such as fruit and yogurt, or half a peanut butter sandwich, or whatever works for you, might have kept you from overeating at dinner.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try again tommorrow , you may have a few slip ups but thats ok, as long as you work hard and keep trying you will be ok...practice it until it becomes natural and it will.
  • gaby_gz1988
    gaby_gz1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same here. I did pretty well yesterday. Today started off well until dinner time came. I think for me it has to do with the foods I eat. They are so boring. I need to find better recipes. Being unprepared also sets me up for failure. When I got home I didn’t have anything prepared for dinner and I was starving, so I ate the first thing I could find, fast food.. Like everyone said, tomorrow is a new day and nobody’s perfect. We’ll get there :)
  • runnerclark15
    runnerclark15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It takes time to create different habits. You have to “re-wire” your brain to think and respond differently. You just began, so cut yourself some slack and know it is a daily (sometimes minute) process. Crawl before you run. When you are faced with eating, be mindful and present when you are eating. Ask yourself questions about what you are doing...am I really still hungry or think I am? Try drinking water before eating. Trust me when I say, be kind to yourself. It will all happen if you take it one day at a time. New habits are hard and you will have painful moments that you have to force yourself to stop when you don’t want to, moments you feel defeated and moments of sheer bliss. Take them all as they come and it will get easier with time. Trust the process and yourself. Growth is hard but worth it! You got this
  • bombon4075
    Options
    Thank you all I'm really feel better after all your comments advice and support.
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great reply’s all, hang i there kitty
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    That's about the amount of time it would take me to be ravenous if I were under eating. Are you sure your calories and weight loss goals are appropriate and sustainable?
  • jngrkn2013
    jngrkn2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We all have our ups and downs. Don't let it get to you.. Just start over again tomorrow!
    You can do this!! :)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You didn't fail. I promise. We've all been there. I doubt anybody started this process and stuck to it 100% all the way to goal. (Some wisea$$ will probably chime in and say, "I did!" but...) It is hard, but give yourself permission to mess up. And make a plan. When this happens again, and it will happen again, what are you going to do differently? Always have a plan. You'll set yourself up for success, even when the plan falls through. The real motivation is building on those tiny successes until that's most of what you're doing. :heart:
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    we have very similar stats! Add me if you need another friend. .. 39 y/o, 5'3 (tech 5'2 1/2 ;) )starting weight 240. current weight 190. Don't let one meal ruin your day. just move on to the next and the next. Log everything! even when you "fail". you can do it.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Don't try to go all out all at once. Make one change a week. If you're replacing soda with flavored or fizzy water, that may be enough for week one. Week two start measuring and tracking your food, but don't worry about what too much. Week three, find some ways to trim calories each day. Week four add in your 20 minutes of exercise.

Trying to do all it all at once when your habits are all just the opposite is generally going to be a recipe for failure.
  • bombon4075
    Options
    That's about the amount of time it would take me to be ravenous if I were under eating. Are you sure your calories and weight loss goals are appropriate and sustainable?

Well I'm not sure it says I need 1200 losing 2 pounds every week and sedentary cause I'm not really doing exercise at much i do 5000 steps daily
  • bombon4075
    Options
    jenngitch wrote: »
    we have very similar stats! Add me if you need another friend. .. 39 y/o, 5'3 (tech 5'2 1/2 ;) )starting weight 240. current weight 190. Don't let one meal ruin your day. just move on to the next and the next. Log everything! even when you "fail". you can do it.

Thanks...i want to have you on my friends just i don't know how can you add me?
  • GlitteryAtom
    GlitteryAtom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try to have some fun with it rather than getting stressed. You're most likely going to have a lot of slip ups in the beginning but it's ok as long as you get back on track and recognise a treat is acceptable. As a huge fan of takeaways, sweets and chocolate biscuits myself, I've been enjoying making healthy dinners, lunches and little sweet treats. YouTube has been amazing for workout videos that I actually enjoy and recipes for loads of healthy and yummy food.
    Everyone finds their own way but just enjoy the journey!
  • jasonmga
    jasonmga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It’s never a failure just a small bump in the road. I have learned that I can’t keep having high expectations everyday or else I will set myself up for failure and not come on here.
    Just keep doing what you do and monitor what you are doing. Some days will not be great and that is ok. Other days they are going to be awesome days!!!