Snack Help!

Options
My work schedule gives me a lunch at 10:50am every day and an opportunity for a snack around 2:30. I’m starving by 2:30 and need some easy at-work (no cooking required) snack ideas. Help!

Replies

• The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you have a refrigerator or cooler bag...plain Greek yogurt and fruit.

Shelf stable? Mixed nuts, sliced veggies and hummus, assorted bars.

But try drinking a big glass of water first...your hunger might be thirst
  • tblackburn80
    tblackburn80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of packaged foods now that I've been learning more and more, BUT, I just found skinny pop popcorn cakes (I can't remember the exact name). They are low calorie/low fat and have three ingredients. My go to in a hurry is popcorn. I've been making homemade quinoa/oat bars which is basically mixing the ingredients together and letting them harden in the fridge. Very filling and a batch makes 10 bars, so definitely enough for a week!
  • StephanieKramer1
    StephanieKramer1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about protein- I know I don't get enough my diet but finding a protein to eat (not a big nut/peanut butter fan) is challenging. But yes, I have access to a fridge. Thanks for the suggestions so far!
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Then I stand by Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruit
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cheese. Apple with cheddar, pear with blue cheese, strawberries with parmasan are all classics for a reason. Cottage cheese and fruit. Sliced red pepper with hummus. Almost any veg with hummus, really. For me that mix of protein and fiber makes the snack stick with me.