I want to help you and maybe you can help me

Options
I am just getting involved in the community. I have a unique story... check out my profile.

Replies

• VitosWorld
    VitosWorld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wah, no one wants my help or wants to help me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You got a fair bit of love on your previous thread. Best way to get involved is to dive into threads, not wait for people to come to you :)
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    Not trolling for love or compliments. I just seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for the RIGHT reasons, and want to share my experience/process so that others might do similarly... but I do get what you are saying about "diving into threads."
    You got a fair bit of love on your previous thread. Best way to get involved is to dive into threads, not wait for people to come to you :)

• Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What is your “lightning in a bottle” ?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,982 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    VitosWorld wrote: »
    Not trolling for love or compliments. I just seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for the RIGHT reasons, and want to share my experience/process so that others might do similarly... but I do get what you are saying about "diving into threads."

So, according to your profile you are still in weight-loss mode? You've lost significant amounts of weight several times over the past years and gained it back? Your profile picture is "old" according to your profile...

Have you spent any time in these forums? There are hundreds of people who have lost significant weight and have kept it off over a period of many years. There are also lots of lost people who can use guidance, but they are usually posting their own questions.

I guess I'm wondering what kind of "help" you are talking about?
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    All true... though I suspect maintaining a weight loss has something to do with the CONTINUATION of sound eating and adequate activity once at goal. :D

And as mentioned in the title of the thread, my potential need for help as well... but that's ok... bite my head off.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What would you like help with?
  • VitosWorld
    Options
    Maintaining motivation, pushing past plateaus, ways to curb binge eating. I could go on and on.....
  • VitosWorld
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You telling me to get off my couch and go to Planet Fitness would help me
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    VitosWorld wrote: »
    Maintaining motivation, pushing past plateaus, ways to curb binge eating. I could go on and on.....

Plateaus aren't really real. You just need to tighten up your logging.
    Motivation is internal. You just need to find it.

Nobody needs any gym. You can go do Pilates at the beach.
    Cycle through the woods, canoe on a river. Do a Spartan run.

Life is amazing, get out of the gym and live a little. Great for mental health also.