Help losing final 5lbs|platue

Options
So im 20 years old! Started at 206 7 months ago, dropped to 170-172 in 4 months, the last 2 months ive been trying to lose 5lbs and can not for the life of me lose it at all, ive been eating 2400-2500 cals a day, 5 day weight lifting followed by interval training (sometimes 6 days and recently 7 days) anyways my diet is clean, whole grain, clean, lean beef, chicken, turkey, ham, if i use condoments they are sugar free or fat free, my issue is i work 5 days a week on cars and im “hypo”, and i find myself being sluggish or at the verge of passing out if i dont snack pretty often, every 2 hours and by nature im a snacker anyways, have any of you guys ever delt with a platue this hard, ive switched my routines, added calories, subtracted calories and nothing seems to do the trick, no soda in my diet, but im starting to hit rock bottom of the motivation scale.
Im 5’ 10’ and MFP tells me 3k cals is my maint. So even at 2400-25 i should still be losing it, just at a slow pace. Any tips, comments will be apperciated, if i missed anything i will answer as best as i can.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and logging all of your food?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    From what I've understood, the closer you are to your goal the slower your loss is going to be and the absolute no room for error in your logging. Also water weight can hide small losses. So if you're weighing accurately all your foods and sure you're sticking to your daily calorie number, you may just have to be more patient especially with five pounds.
  • mariom1112
    mariom1112 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you and id say im 99% accurate as i scale. And yeah i try to keep my weighing myself as accurate as i can
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mariom1112 wrote: »
    So im 20 years old! Started at 206 7 months ago, dropped to 170-172 in 4 months, the last 2 months ive been trying to lose 5lbs and can not for the life of me lose it at all, ive been eating 2400-2500 cals a day, 5 day weight lifting followed by interval training (sometimes 6 days and recently 7 days) anyways my diet is clean, whole grain, clean, lean beef, chicken, turkey, ham, if i use condoments they are sugar free or fat free, my issue is i work 5 days a week on cars and im “hypo”, and i find myself being sluggish or at the verge of passing out if i dont snack pretty often, every 2 hours and by nature im a snacker anyways, have any of you guys ever delt with a platue this hard, ive switched my routines, added calories, subtracted calories and nothing seems to do the trick, no soda in my diet, but im starting to hit rock bottom of the motivation scale.
    Im 5’ 10’ and MFP tells me 3k cals is my maint. So even at 2400-25 i should still be losing it, just at a slow pace. Any tips, comments will be apperciated, if i missed anything i will answer as best as i can.

You're at a healthy weight...what is your BF%? You may be just at that point where it gets really, really hard. I'm the same height and my maintenance weight is about 180 (which is what I am in my profile picture)...It gets tough for me to go lower than that because at that weight I'm about 12%ish - 15%ish BF. I dropped to 175 once and it basically required me to be a diet and exercise nazi and wasn't a whole lotta fun.

What are these 5 Lbs going to do for you?
  • mariom1112
    Options
    I do not have a BF% done at this time, and its just my goal, its been my mind set
  • mariom1112
    Options
    v83sfo2q4tn8.jpeg
  • mariom1112
    Options
    Just trying to lose as much tummy as i can
  • mariom1112
    Options
    izqtxtwyqaof.jpeg
    ymytr8zkaqf7.jpeg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Just trying to lose as much tummy as i can

You don't look like you have much...I take it you're trying to get a six pack and not just a flat mid-section...you'll probably have to drop to 10% or below...I'm not much help there as I don't have the dietary discipline to do that and I haven't had a 6 pack since I was in the Marine Corps...
  • mariom1112
    Options
    Alot of it is probably when i was a kid i lost 75 lbs119w064c9d91.jpeg
  • askmrlee
    askmrlee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you hitting macro targets? See if changing macro composition has an impact. i.e. reduce carbs, increase protein and fats.
  • mariom1112
    Options
    Thats my next step
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You’d probably getting better advice from bodybuilders on the gaining muscle and maintaining forum. Losing the last bit can be very slow.
  • mariom1112
    Options
    Decided to reach out to a nutrionist and see how it goes
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Decided to reach out to a nutrionist and see how it goes

a registered dietitian would be your best bet as anyone can become a nutritionist now adays and they dont need the qualifications a RD does.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Thank you and id say im 99% accurate as i scale. And yeah i try to keep my weighing myself as accurate as i can

I meant a food scale, actually. Weighing all your food. When you're close to goal you have absolutely no room to guess portions and calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    5 lbs is within normal daily weight fluctuations, so it's going to really hard to see it happen on the scale. If your real concern is the stomach area, search for a thread titled "so you want a nice stomach". Congrats on transformation!
  • mariom1112
    Options
    Update, im at 11% body fat