People that hit their protein goal everyday, what do you eat?

Options

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pulses (usually kidney beans or black beans), Nuts, Peas, Peanut Butter, Mushrooms, occasionally seitan or protein powder, and a bit of protein here and there from vegetables.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I Average 1350-1450 calories and 140 grams of protein. My diary is open. Feel free to look.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Chicken, eggs, extra egg whites, Greek yogurt, protein powder, leafy greens, beef, oatmeal, cottage cheese.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Egg/egg whites in the morning. 2-3 meals of meat (chicken, beef, etc...). 1-2 protein shakes and/or greek yogurt. (2 meat 2 protein shakes or 3 meat 1 protein shake depending on what i have time to prepare) those are the protein parts of my daily meals.
  • gaby_gz1988
    gaby_gz1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this as well. Everyone here has great suggestions that I will definitely be using :)
  • August2444
    August2444 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    LSA is my go to if I need to bump up my protein.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I usually don’t unless I have a protein shake. On days that I get a lot of protein, my meals usually are a meat with vegetables and potato on the side. As opposed to meals with a lot more carbs, like pasta or pot pie.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    MamaMc3 wrote: »
    I drink a Premier Protein almost every day. They taste like a chocolate milkshake, fill me up, and have 30 g of protein. Other foods I eat are Greek yogurt, tuna, eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, and lean meats.

Me too! I discovered them about a month ago and I'm obsessed!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    eggs, cheese sticks, lean meat for dinner. I also only have my protein powder (either gnc 100% natural whey or vega protein and greens) if I can't hit my goal (90g) with my food. saves money.
  • theoesque
    theoesque Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I exceed my protein goal most days, tbh! Greek yogurt, eggs, chicken/turkey, quinoa -- and also substitutions like using red lentil pasta instead of spaghetti (23g of protein per serving!) or using flatbread instead of bread that 8g fiber and 9g protein (for only 90 calories). If you plan around it, I promise you can do it.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Seitan, but then again, I'm plant based. There are tons of high protein foods, especially if you aren't limited like I am. The suggestions here are phenomenal.
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not a good suggestion but keep in mind that the average healthy woman only needs about 44 grams of protein (unless you’re body building, pregnant etc, I’m too lazy to post the links but it’s not hard to find on dr. Google) so don’t stress that you’re malnourished if you don’t hit the goals that MyFitnessPal recommends. I went into the settings and changed them to give me a little less protein and a bit more carbs and fat since i got tired of seeing that was sadly below the protein ‘goal’ even on days I ate some meat or eggs at every meal!
  • kas1317
    kas1317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    quest bars, chicken. greek yogurt
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    (3) eggs in the morning, 6-8ish ounces of meat (chicken, beef, or pork) for lunch and dinner, and a protein shake after working out. I suppose I'm getting small amounts of protein from other sources, but those are my primaries.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have eggs in the morning, a vegan protein shake for lunch, and chicken, pork, or beef for dinner. Snack is sometimes Halo Top or a "pizza" made from red pepper hummus Flatout bread, mozzarella, and veggies.
  • speedingticket
    speedingticket Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Soya mince, beans, pulses. I love all the beans- and they go with everything (almost).
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Not a good suggestion but keep in mind that the average healthy woman only needs about 44 grams of protein (unless you’re body building, pregnant etc, I’m too lazy to post the links but it’s not hard to find on dr. Google) so don’t stress that you’re malnourished if you don’t hit the goals that MyFitnessPal recommends. I went into the settings and changed them to give me a little less protein and a bit more carbs and fat since i got tired of seeing that was sadly below the protein ‘goal’ even on days I ate some meat or eggs at every meal!

While that may be the minimum to not be deficient it is not enough while losing weight, especially if you are doing any form of exercise. Try googling how much protein does a woman need while losing weight. You will find more and better information regarding this.

Try dividing your weight by three, then multiply that number by two and see what you get.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    210 g per day of protein
  • troydang
    troydang Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 Premier Protein shakes from Costco will usually be enough to meet your protein macros. If you don't want to go the protein shake route, have a bunch of hard boiled eggs in the fridge. They're great snacks, high in protein, and if you throw out the yolk- super low in calories.
  • kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Seitan, tofu, tempeh, fake meats, pulses, hummus, nut butters, tahini, nuts, seeds, roasted pulses (like habas fritas etc) oats, chia puddings, alpro go on yogurts, protein bars (like clif builder etc). Also sometimes use myprotein soya protein or vegan blend powders for an extra boost. HTH x