Options
    Bread is so boring. I prefer pasta! <3
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Ahhh. A really good, fresh home made bread made from a culture that has been going for over a year...... Not boring at all.

But I do love a good pasta, especially if it's fresh pasta.

I love baking bread and making fresh ravioli and fettuccine. I've lost 25 pounds continuing to eat those things. Just had to cut back on portions
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've found Joseph's Lavash which has very few carbs. I use it for everything. I put my eggs in it, veggie burgers, and regular "wrap" sandwiches. A serving has 4 net carbs and tons of fiber. It's tasty in the toaster oven or grilled on the stove. I love bread too much so I can't just cut it out, but that's a good replacement.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    x7g8xna8w341.jpg

I can easily eat a whole loaf of french bread. Especially with a little garlic butter. Who am I kiddig, a ton of garlic butter. Its ridiculous. I purposefully try to stay away from breads while Im cutting, otherwise, one thing eats to another and before I know it Im stuffing my face with a whole package of cream cheese cinnamon rolls and a whole pizza.
  • Tallfsh
    Tallfsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heavens if I made bread at the moment I think there would be a stampede in the house we're all looking weight. There would be crumbs left, calories would go out the window!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

:open_mouth: Blasphemy!

05rgy2dfu6yj.jpg

(Actually, I :heart: both, but freshly baked bread with butter wins by a hair.)
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Now I really want bread.....
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Bread is tasty. People can lose weight eating it. I don't really go near it when I'm trying to get my business done but it doesn't satiate me. I think I'll have a slice this weekend during a refeed though.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason, no need to skip it.

That being said, I don't eat too much in the way of breads/pastas/etc as I find that the "bang for the buck" in terms of quantity and 'lasting power' is pretty minimal for me, and I seem to get plenty of carbs in other ways.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If bread is so bad for you, I wonder how Western Civilization ever survived.
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i-love-bread.jpg
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm, bread. <3
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

:open_mouth: Blasphemy!

05rgy2dfu6yj.jpg

(Actually, I :heart: both, but freshly baked bread with butter wins by a hair.)

I get bread from a Portuguese bakery that looks EXACTLY like this. Soooo good.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat bread only once or twice a week, and try to avoid it most days. I understand perfectly well that you can still lose weight while eating bread, however I find that when I eat anything that once started out as a dough of some sort (bread, muffins, bagels, croissants), I just keep wanting more...and more... it like, opens up this bottomless pit inside of me. And then I end up going over my calories for the day. because I'm weak. So ... yeah. That's why I stay away from bread.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

But I need bread to mop up my pasta sauce
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    You people are killing me! I have celiac disease and gluten-free bread is just sadness in a bag. I am now feeling compelled to drive over an hour to a spectacular gluten-free bakery (Mariposa, for those of you in the SF bay area) and load up on all the crusty goodness so I can dedicate a day's worth of calories to just bread!

The GF free bread of 2018 is still miles better than the hard weird GF free bread of the 80's.
    Wasnt enough butter in the pack to help that *kitten* slide down