On My Way!

Options
Vicham76
Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
Hello All!

I am starting this post now because i have hit a milestone. I am no longer over 300lbs! I am having great success with MFP and will continue on until i hopefully hit my goal of 180-200 lbs depending on how i look and feel when i get there. I have never been below 225 in my adult life so i do not know what i will look like. I am 6' 1/2" tall and 41 years old.

My journey to become a healthier man started this July while on holidays with my family. My 6 year old daughter wanted to ride the go carts and i could not fit in the cart to race around the track with her. I was so disappointed with myself for letting myself get to this size and not being able to enjoy this with her. I promised her that the next time we came across some go carts that i would be able to ride with her.

On July 10th I started MPF. I was at 380 + lbs and wearing a size 6X tall shirt and 46 jeans(I am now in a 3X shirt and 38 jean). I started trying to get a half hour a day worth of some type of exercise. I mostly walk 3 kilometers first thing in the morning. I have a rowing machine that i get on once or twice a week instead. In August i started lifting weights once a week for a half hour as well. I am feeling great. My energy levels are up, i am getting way better with my rowing (i could barely do 5 minutes when i first started and can now do an hour if i have the time). I am feeling stronger and happier!

MPF! Figuring out how many calories i should eat was eye opening. I found the TDEE calculator and figured out what a man my age should be eating if i were a healthy weight and used that number as my goal. I eat between 2000-2200 calories a day. I do not eat back my calories i stick with the 2000-2200 and have watched the weight come off! I started using a food scale in August as well. I found out that the measuring cup vs weighing my food made a drastic difference in calculating my calories correctly. Weigh your food if you can, using a measuring cup is only a guesstimate. I have not had any pop or juice since July and I switched to almond milk with my cereal instead of cows milk. Everything else I eat is normally what i ate but it fits
into my calorie goal. I like my pasta, rice, potatoes and meat! I still get to enjoy those but in the correct amount!

Photos. I do not have a photo of me at 380. The photos are at 350, 318.2 and 297.4. The photos at 350 were taken August 30th. 318.2 were taken October 18th. 327.4 were November 29th.

vbi78c8lyghi.jpg
i3izpz3j2a1f.jpg
di05wqej1oam.jpg
8wwz5dvkz4qj.jpg
qnx64ems0kkw.jpg
choyfyq5bg0g.jpg

I have a long way to go but wanted to start sharing this with everyone as i am sure there are others at the same stage i am at and we can work on this together. I thank everyone else for posting their achievements as they are very inspiring and have helped me out immensely along the way. I look forward to more success and will update as i hit another 25 lost.

Thank you all.

Replies

• Tkeller1
    Tkeller1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    great job I have been trying for along time & had very little success I need to start weighing my food & making better food choices your looking great keep it up :)
  • Vicham76
    Options
    Thank you Tkeller1, we shall persevere!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! You'll be in that go cart in no time! Don't forget to take a celebratory pic of that day. :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Next summer! Go carts!
  • patsfan214
    patsfan214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you man. Started at near 400 this summer. Down to 356. Just ordered my food scale two days ago. I'm looking forward to the day I can say I weigh in less than 300. Great job and keep it up!
  • Vicham76
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I look forward to posting more of my success and reading about yours!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress, you are doing great!
  • heymossy
    heymossy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, over 80 pounds lost since July! That's inspiring and shows a lot of work and willpower.

Also - unrelated - I noticed your bathroom countertop and backsplash in the progress photos. They are very pretty!
  • Vicham76
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in. Down 2.7 for a total of 87.6 lost. A half inch off of my stomach.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • seashellybob
    seashellybob Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! This is so inspiring!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great story, congratulations
  • Vicham76
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in. Lost 2.9 for a total of 90.5. I am under 290!! Is was 10 years ago the last time I made it to 290's. I had plateaud then and gave up. Half inch off my belly and thighs and a
    1" off my chest.
  • Vicham76
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in. Lost 2 for a total of 92.5. Lost 1"off my belly and 1/2" off my thighs. I was worried because I had went way over my calories the last few days without any workouts! Here is to the new year and much success for all!
  • Kyleunderarmour
    Kyleunderarmour Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're going to make it
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You are SO motivated!
  • duffieldfitness
    duffieldfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress Vicham76. Keep up the hard work and dedication and you'll be under 250lbs before you know it. Fitness training is always the best when you stay consistent and don't fall off course so keep yourself motivated and I know you'll succeed :smile:
  • krissywashington79
    krissywashington79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!